Author Topic: Upkeep vs. slot usage  (Read 406 times)

Offline JohnnyMo1

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Upkeep vs. slot usage
« on: August 14, 2011, 02:13:44 am »
I am a little unsure of exactly how slot usage affects a weapon's upkeep. I understand that putting something like arrows across multiple slots multiplies your repair chance by the number of slots, but are weapons that take up multiple slots standard affected in the same way? For instance, does a long axe have twice the repair chance of a 1-handed sword? I've heard both yeses and nos on this and would appreciate if someone could finally clear it up. I sure hope not. It would give my polearm axe wielder a lot more breathing room for armor.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Upkeep vs. slot usage
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 02:18:03 am »
+1
No it doesn't. At least not now and if it does it's a bug.

That was the case when they first introduced the blue slot system and I think some people still say that because they haven't really understood that the bug is fixed.

Just for the record, if you DO have two of the same item equipped then, yes, the chance is doubled (so having 4 daggers for example would give you 4x the chance of breaking as having just one)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline JohnnyMo1

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Upkeep vs. slot usage
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 02:26:42 am »
Ahh, thanks much. Makes 12k worth of difference on all my character's gear sets when the great long axe is involved.