Poll

Lower upkeep on horses?

Yes
89 (57.4%)
No
66 (42.6%)

Total Members Voted: 155

Author Topic: Lower upkeep on horses  (Read 9353 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Lower upkeep on horses
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2011, 03:08:42 pm »
Sir mateusz : Guess what i was joking with the sumpter horse, on second thougt - for u i wasn t...
my bad flamberge upkeep is around 1.4 k  right now and everything else i would be wearing in your assumption is peasant gear... by that assumption made my upkeep would be higher than your s with just a weapon and i can t even outrun nor bump u so i guess we would be even on the battlefield if (no offence) you would not be such a noob  :P and constantly attack me with your heavy lance (instant kill even in good armour) or bump me from behind while i am busy fighting that lvl 3 peasant...

You sir...are an idiot.

You're comparing a flamberge (best 2h) to a medium tier horse. Now take the top tier horses (Mamluk, Plated Charger) and make that comparison again (best vs best). Who would be paying more upkeep?  :wink:

If a cavalrymen wore his best armour, took his best weapon and heaviest horse, he'd be paying at least twice as much a fully armoured, heaviest/best equipped infantrymen.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:10:57 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2011, 03:56:00 pm »
well. At least sword doesnt eat too much.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2011, 04:40:10 pm »
My guy uses 30k worth of equip for cavalry, I use mail tunic, mail mittens, flat topped helm, leather boots, lance and long bardiche. If you minus the horse gear, that's grinding level for a infantry man!
I'm not even that good a cavalry man, when I get 4 kills in a round it's almost amazing but I get 4 kills more often on foot than horse

Offline Warpeasant

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2011, 05:54:35 pm »
You sir...are an idiot.

You're comparing a flamberge (best 2h) to a medium tier horse. Now take the top tier horses (Mamluk, Plated Charger) and make that comparison again (best vs best). Who would be paying more upkeep?  :wink:

If a cavalrymen wore his best armour, took his best weapon and heaviest horse, he'd be paying at least twice as much a fully armoured, heaviest/best equipped infantrymen.

You Sir seem to be a smart ass, so what you are saying is basicly that you pay more upkeep if you use 2 more inventory slot s than me as a 2hander?!?  :?

I think it is really not fair to compare the plated charger - wich is a weapon that can do probably more damage on it's own without you (obvious trololo) or any other rider by bumping me, with my poor flamberge lying there on the ground beside s my dead body doing nothing.

In conclusion and short just my own oppinion  :rolleyes: once again: Nobody really stops you from having my cheap build, but if you want to be special looking down on poor infantry man that don t see you coming some time s or have to jump across the plain's from you, yes you should pay for it, just like me if i want to be a cav. overall your using at least one more inventory slot than anybody else and don't even get slowed down by that... TY
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:57:52 pm by Warpeasant »

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2011, 06:44:05 pm »
the main thing about this is not to make high tier horses more usable you idiots, but to make up to the Palfrey at least, usuable all the time with low end gear

Offline Sir_Mateusz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2011, 10:33:59 pm »
Sir mateusz : Guess what i was joking with the sumpter horse, on second thougt - for u i wasn t...
my bad flamberge upkeep is around 1.4 k  right now and everything else i would be wearing in your assumption is peasant gear... by that assumption made my upkeep would be higher than your s with just a weapon and i can t even outrun nor bump u so i guess we would be even on the battlefield if (no offence) you would not be such a noob  :P and constantly attack me with your heavy lance (instant kill even in good armour) or bump me from behind while i am busy fighting that lvl 3 peasant...
Ohhh i killed you few times in a row:(( ? Don't cry its only a game.
I am noob because I killed you from behind when you were busy ? WTF ?! Should I wait and wistle to get your attention ? OK but wear something pink that i saw you.
I do bumps for allied infantry fighting with you to help him kill you - its called teamwork or tactic. As lancer its better for me to stab you than bump.
Its WAR i dont care you are bussy fighting or fapfapfaping with lvl3 pesant if there is possibility I strike - this is how cavalry works in M&B.

After last rebalance MW Heavy lance + my  PS7 rarely kills with one blow, even light armored bowman sometimes can survive one good blow. Other lancers can confirm this for sure.

You Sir seem to be a smart ass, so what you are saying is basicly that you pay more upkeep if you use 2 more inventory slot s than me as a 2hander?!?  :?
I think it is really not fair to compare the plated charger - wich is a weapon that can do probably more damage on it's own without you (obvious trololo) or any other rider by bumping me, with my poor flamberge lying there on the ground beside s my dead body doing nothing.
Who cares about slots if you as 2h-Fighter need only your sword  (oh and skill you obviously don't have) to be effective on battlefield. If you can't evade bumps its your problem I think - many good players don't let me bump them so easily, or not at all.
Oh and you know you can also use your big sword to kill me with one strike? Seriously its not a joke ! Practice more, cry less.

the main thing about this is not to make high tier horses more usable you idiots, but to make up to the Palfrey at least, usuable all the time with low end gear
Yes, heavy armored horses upkkep should be high as it is, because these horses are almost bulletproof, and you have to pay for this great benefit.
Lowered should be only light horses like Courser, Arabian etc.. But not so much of course. I think before update prices were OK (990 for Courser). Rouncey upkeep is OK now in my opinion.

We should pay more for ability to ride, but without exaggeration.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2011, 12:04:50 am »

In conclusion and short just my own oppinion  :rolleyes: once again: Nobody really stops you from having my cheap build, but if you want to be special looking down on poor infantry man that don t see you coming some time s or have to jump across the plain's from you, yes you should pay for it, just like me if i want to be a cav. overall your using at least one more inventory slot than anybody else and don't even get slowed down by that... TY

Eh...that argument makes no sense. A full build 2h only really needs the sword. Anything else is an extra. A full build lancer for example, needs a heavy lance, a sword or some other melee weapon and a shield (unless melee is a 2h). So yeeeeah...your build is far cheaper even using full equipment. A medium rate cavalrymen would still cost more than a heavy infantrymen.

The plated charger doesn't actually do that much damage any more. It's simply to slow. Unless you're bumping guys on 10% health, you aren't likely to get a kill. Your poor flamberge? Do you not know how to use it? That thing is longer than a lance with a stab. Stab the bloody horse and you stop it in it's tracks.

Don't even bring up back stabbing. Fact is if you are that clueless that you can't attack a horse whilst you are in melee, then an infantryman is probably going to get you from behind anyway.

I'm not saying we shouldn't pay for it  :rolleyes: The fact is however, that we pay far to much for it. Horses were recently nerfed, however upkeep got more expensive at the same time. The lower tier horses simply aren't worth it as anyone on a courser, arabian or destrier could take you all out with a blink of an eye, as shown by even my ability to simply ride behind anyone on these horses shooting them (champ courser). Unless of course you are rolling heavy armour. So it only makes sense to lower the upkeep all round. Not even by a huge amount. For example the courser costs around 1300 on upkeep. Make it 1000 and I'd be happy. If you're on the losing team and are only making 50 gold a min (bearing in mind length of round increases break ability) then that already a big difference.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:08:36 am by Overdriven »

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2011, 12:19:58 am »
+1
Warpesant!!!! You will never get a better critik then myn. I was yesterday a bit angry. So i am sorry when i break a point.

But you will never get better ideas from other players belive me. The thing is maybe change this things and dont change allways the balance of Cavalery

Now Crpg plays like WOW. World of Fuckin Warcraft. When you wanna give this mod a bit niveau back then get the changes inside what i said.
Sorry. So try to make this barikades. (For horses) or make more mods like siege or Battle.

In siege when you get a siege tower at the wall the spawn point change in some maps so it is possible to make it like in Redorchestra.
The Prob is that so match People read Bullshit but no nice ideas. Match talking for nothing. So change this and dont excuse. (For Epic Battles)

And one thing what sucks me too. Is that i cant make my Alt a Main. I only wanna test it and know i have to start from begin. With new main.
Allways this crep. Sorry when i am a working person and i dont have the time to play that match like the other assholes. You make it imposible for People who has a bit niveu to play this game. And this is why the Kraut cant even give you good ideas. You will kill Crpg with your on hands you will see. Becouse only People theay has no real live playin this game. (like in World of Warcraft)

Offline Warpeasant

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2011, 10:43:41 am »
@Simon i am not even arguing anymore, i already stated my point, as my oppinion and there it shall stand till the end of the Internet! Simon say's: Warpeasant go away...ok,ok...

@Overdriven ok, i can accept your oppinion that you pay to much (it s your oppinion after all), that still doesn t make it my oppinion.

Eh...that argument makes no sense. A full build 2h only really needs the sword. Anything else is an extra. A full build lancer for example, needs a heavy lance, a sword or some other melee weapon and a shield (unless melee is a 2h).

:arrow:Ah, i get you... so if if i am a full build 2 hander with a bastard sword, i better don t bring anything else on the battlefield to fight shielder's or mybe even a spear to fight cav  :wink:

The plated charger doesn't actually do that much damage any more. It's simply to slow. Unless you're bumping guys on 10% health, you aren't likely to get a kill. Your poor flamberge? Do you not know how to use it? That thing is longer than a lance with a stab. Stab the bloody horse and you stop it in it's tracks.

:arrow:Now i know how you used to get your kill's are you sad that horse bumping got nerfed so bad? :P Don t worry i know how to use my flamberge...

Don't even bring up back stabbing. Fact is if you are that clueless that you can't attack a horse whilst you are in melee, then an infantryman is probably going to get you from behind anyway.

:arrow:Sometime s they even get my enemy making them fall and giving me an easy kill  :lol:

I'm not saying we shouldn't pay for it  :rolleyes: The fact is however, that we pay far to much for it. Horses were recently nerfed, however upkeep got more expensive at the same time. The lower tier horses simply aren't worth it as anyone on a courser, arabian or destrier could take you all out with a blink of an eye, as shown by even my ability to simply ride behind anyone on these horses shooting them (champ courser). Unless of course you are rolling heavy armour. So it only makes sense to lower the upkeep all round. Not even by a huge amount. For example the courser costs around 1300 on upkeep. Make it 1000 and I'd be happy. If you're on the losing team and are only making 50 gold a min (bearing in mind length of round increases break ability) then that already a big difference.
[/quote]

:arrow:That s ok and approved, i don t have any problem with this, it s your oppinion afterall  :mrgreen:

@Sir_Mateusz

Yes Plz whistle next Time and i Promiss to wear Pink so You can find me more easely... I wonder if i get the Dress at the Lady M. Store in my Town.
I can t remember if you ever killed me more than once (in a row is probably a little exageration) but i am sure i never started to whine...
let's just find out the next time i see you on a server oh and plz don't GTX if i kill you and your horsy more than once...

Oh my fucking god! Michael Jackson is pressing rape charges against some dude who totally fucked his kids! The IRONY!

Hmmm last but not least IMHO: rofl,lmao,omg..omfg,I can't believe this! WTF Muhahahahaha, trolololo i see noobrage incoming on a horse! He s killin AFK S at spawn again...Uggggh just ate about fifteen piece of chocolate gotta learn to control myself when flying first class or they'll cancel my modelling contract Peasant OUT and promissing not to troll this thread again!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:45:12 am by Warpeasant »