Author Topic: Arrow Opinions  (Read 814 times)

Offline Leithlen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Devout_Leithlen
Arrow Opinions
« on: July 26, 2011, 07:32:03 pm »
Question for anyone understanding the damage calculations for bows & arrows:

With most bows now doing cut damage (exception being the longbow with peirce) and arrows doing all pierce damage, am I correct in my understanding that the arrow damage VALUE is added to the bow damage VALUE , but the damage TYPE type is governed by the bow?  (i.e. a Horn Bow with Barbed Arrows would do 24 cut + 4 = 28 cut and Long Bow with Barbed Arrows would do 26 pierce + 4 = 30 pierce)

Question for the experienced archers out there:
To what extend is the extra damage worth the cost?  Regular arrows only add 2, but barbed add 4 (double, but still a small % compared to the bow), but at a 1,500 gold cost increase (3,000 gold difference in terms of repair cost due to extra break %).  Tatar arrows add 1 damage for nearly double the cost of Barbed and Bodkins add another 1 damage for nearly double the cost of Tatar.  Which do you find worth the cost.  (I've been using Tatar myself as the Bodkins just became too expensive after the last patch to carry 2 quivers around.  The extra 3 arrows per quiver has been nice as well.)
Leithlen
Order of the Holy Guard

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
Re: Arrow Opinions
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 07:50:33 pm »
+1
You will do the damage of the bow. IGNORE the type of damage dealt by the arrows.

As for which arrows vs. cost, how badly do you need money?  My archer character always has plenty of cash lying around, so I go with the most expensive.  If you're trying to save up though, I'd go with Tatar's.  They strike a good balance between cost and performance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: Arrow Opinions
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 07:56:59 pm »
Tatars are best for the damage/ammo combo, same total amount of damage as bodkins, yet more arrows.
Don't mind the fish.