Author Topic: Blanket Ban Please  (Read 818 times)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Blanket Ban Please
« on: July 24, 2011, 05:11:30 pm »
EDIT: PC lagged when typing Subject box, supposed to read: Blanket UnBan Request, Please Read. Like a true noob, I forgot to check it before hitting enter

Myself and other Templars have been banned for exploiting an XP bug:

(EDIT: Another clanmember read this and advised me that the wording of that last sentence leads the reader to believe that all those banned for this exploit were Templars: I believe 20+ players went thru that server in the few mins I was there, only myself and 2 other Templars amongst those.)

I was on this server for between 5 and 10 mins (didnt time it). I came on because I asked clanmates "Whats da server we rocking?" or somesuch. I got there and was immedietly teamkilled by a player who....is not a friend of our clan, I dont wanna name them but they recently stabbed us in the back, politically. Since there was chaos on all sides I joined in, it felt good to crush my clans enemies, since everyone was stabbing everyone in spawn.

I have already stated to an admin: I didnt mean to gain any XP unfairly, the server text was showing XP and gold gain for every few teamkills or something, but pressing the character key(defaault c i think), and checking the gold in topright corner, these gains where not taking effect> I thought, its like when one of the scripts fails or redtext tells me I got wrong version or something, just a bug.

Then I was told it was regging on website, I checked, yeah I gained levels 28 and 29 (retired last night).

I KNOW that I personally never meant to give myself an unfair advantage: My clanmates and I, we troll one another alot and like a laugh, but we like to beat our enemies by outplaying them, not finding a loophole:

I have already said that Im MORE than happy to have those levels removed, or my toon reset 24 hours, or w/e. I dont want any advantages, I play for the fun of playing, not to grind levels faster than anyone....I got a load of toons, noone of them is super grinded, I just play for the love of the game> I been playing crpg since perma toons, the last peasant wars....

So: Let me know how long I am banned, Ill respect it. AGAIN: didnt mean to take advantage, and dont want the advantage I did gain.

Cheers.

EDIT: Popular belief is that the server in question belongs to ATS or LLJK....if so, how long have they been using it to farm massive XP, since a simple admin tickbox being ticked (FF off) would have prevented the bug it seems. Logs show XP gain every 3 teamkills, once per wave, so the XP gain FOR THAT SAME WAVE, but before the wave had been fought, essentially allowing the XP to come in even if the bots killed the virgin, thus saving a minute or so of fighting. Rinse and repeat. Ive seen this server locked recently....was it a known exploit to the server owners? How was it discovered? How long ago?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:04:20 pm by Grey »
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
Re: Blanket Ban Please
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 10:44:26 pm »
You exploited heavily and lied to me in one on one conversation. Apparently you also have a pending essay (http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,9895) so we'll change it to the same other heavy offenders are getting. 7 day ban + 500 word essay + another 500 word for the old one. Topic: How griefing in all its forms hurts a small online community

(Edited, converted perma to double essay)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:54:25 pm by Espu »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 11:29:17 pm »
You exploited heavily and lied to me in one on one conversation. Apparently you also have a pending essay (http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,9895) so we'll change it to the same other heavy offenders are getting. 7 day ban + 500 word essay + another 500 word for the old one. Topic: How griefing in all its forms hurts a small online community

(Edited, converted perma to double essay)

Espu, I dont know what HEAVILY means, but I already stated that yes, once you pointed it out to me, I saw that I gained that XP, I also told you I was happy to have it removed AND some more, like a 24hr rollback or somesuch.

As for lieing to you, I dont know why you think that, please explain.

Now, for the link you posted:

Lolled when I hit your link, untill I realised it was serious: First Ive seen of that....I wasnt banned that day or any subsequent one, so what that is, I dont know.

The time in QUESTION I DO remember: Legio clanmember TK'ed my friend and stole their horse, I shot the horse, turned and walked away, the guy backstabbed me. I flamed him for a while instead of posting here about his behaviour, and thought that's that. I wasnt banned for this then, nor did I think about it again.  ALL Legio playes know very well that I considered them bums, if for nothing else than the fact that at the time they all built Huscarl Shield and Spammitar: There a perfectly fine selection of nordic 1handers to go with Huscarl shield, why make the historically disgusting mix of 2 so different cultures: Sure some ppl will say "But thats crpg" and thats their opinion, they are welcome to it, I have mine also.

Once again this community shows that its NOT what you do, its who you know. Just because everytime I see someone griefing I dont screenshot it and come crying, doesnt mean I dont deal with it: He teamkilled to steal a horse, I killed the horse in question. IF that makes me such a bad person, then I'll have to live with that.

But I ask you once again to stick to facts. Its very difficult for me to present my case, cause CMP edits or removes anything I post that doesnt agree with his personal view, and usually mutes me for a week to go with.

My nose isnt brown, and that seems to get me the shitty end of the stick 9 times out of 10.

EVERY TIME I get this shit its the same: I saw someone abusing, I let them know what I think of their scummy mindset, usually I do all I can so they cannot benefit from their abusive behaviour: Guess what, Bullies dont like being bullied, they come cry here. And then players like Baggy, who have their personal agenda against me to fulfill, come bang some more nails in my coffin. Check his clantag in the screenies......

How is it that EVERYONE's opinion is valid, no matter how obvious their clan affiliation is.....

I BEG any admin who knows ME, who has played with ME, who has talked to ME, to review this: Constantly taking the word of players with vendettas then telling me a month later that, guess what, a month ago a closed witch hunt took place, we GOT YOU! isnt a fair or just system. I always only ask for someone who is independant from the issue to think about the reasons behind stuff, not just take anyones word at face value. This includes mine.

LETS SAY I DO spend all my time trolling and griefing: If that were true, how is it the same players or their clanmates allways speak up against me. How come I play this mod every day since the last whipe, yet 364 days of the year noone has any issue with my playstyle, my comments or my actions. Guess when they do: When they grief or abuse other players and I take the short road and deal with them: WHY I do it? This is why, THIS bandwagon, witchhunt system of admining the mod has: Your innefective as a force for good, you just make arbitrary descisions based on a mate's mate's opinion.

Also, CMPX, I dont dislike you, know you, or have anything against you, but STOP flaming me then banning off IRC. If you dont want to respond to players, dont take the responsibility you take, also "Sigh, Grey again." WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN? Again? I was banned once for an argument with Leiknir that I went too far, I apologised to him and that was sorted. You'll believe whatever is whispered in your ear like a paranoid monarch, I fear.

I fucking hate that chadz hates this community so much....but I can understand why. I remember having a fucking great time with him back when he played it....maybe he still does, but I dont think so. I think secretly he fucking hates the den of vipers he has built.

AND FINALLY: I really really hate to sound sexist, buts mostly this community resembles a group of women, arguments not based on facts or a train of logic, just what people feel....

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:14:35 am by Grey »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 01:04:21 am »
Bump for great justice: Espu cmon man, how/when did I lie to you? You cant make that kind of inflamitory statement and then not follow it up: Im sure its a misunderstanding but even if I have unintentionally lied to you, HOW?

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 06:45:21 pm »
BumpetyBump: Still waiting to know how I lied to Espu......cmon mate

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 09:15:44 pm »
I can't believe I'm even bothering to reply any more. But fine, just to pick one, you told me that you were there for no more than 10mins. Then I look at the log and see you there for over an hour.

This issue is closed.