Author Topic: Dismounting from a horse for 5 seconds doesn't make it "stray"  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
Re: Dismounting from a horse for 5 seconds doesn't make it "stray"
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 03:56:56 pm »
Exactly. Your bad. Not all of us are completely useless on foot like BlueGreen & Torben.  :wink:

I must've been hallusinating those hundreds of times a dismounted e cav gets away with a new horse. I must check my meds.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Re: Dismounting from a horse for 5 seconds doesn't make it "stray"
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 04:21:31 pm »
+1
No one seems to mention the other side to random horses:

On any toon I have a riding skill point, whenver Im faced my an opponent and theres an unridden horse anywhere around, I whistle and line myself and the horse up with the opponent in between, few secs later, I stroll over and kill the enemy, who is lying on the ground after being run over.

Players who dont use this skill or dont rate it have never seen it in action: Of all ninja tricks, this is surely one of the most potent.

So, with that in mind, any horse not being ridden must be viewed as a potential: Potential weapon for BOTH sides:

Killing a horse as the attackers, one thats just chilling like bob dylan outside the castle, is silly, its just frustrated infantry venting some rage:

In BATTLE mode: any horse near me that I havent heard a friend whistle for, and is not  being actively chased by a friendly cav so he can mount it, WILL catch an arrow, since I cannot take the risk of a sneaky bugger using it to knock me over: Likewise, joxer is not wrong: Its always nice to find an empty horse once youve been dismounted, but watching your enemy manage to gain a saddle and ride off to the safety of his lines, after spending effort and thought in dismounting them in the first place.....can really be frustrating.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.