Author Topic: [Unban Request] Culprit Character Name: Defend_This_Virgin  (Read 407 times)

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
[Unban Request] Culprit Character Name: Defend_This_Virgin
« on: July 24, 2011, 10:42:10 pm »
It took me a bit of detective work on the forums in order to find out why none of my characters on my account were being allowed into servers, and I stumbled upon this.  Using  a character named Defend_This_Virgin, I went into a DTV server (Defend_This_Virgin in Defend the Virgin, ha...ha?) to try it out.  Unfortunately, a lot of people were going about TKing each other, and I didn't really question it, even though I saw myself getting XP and gold from the rounds ending due to this.

There is no excuse, once you notice that an exploit is an exploit, to continue following through on it.  I actively participated in it, for no matter how short or long a time period, and even gained a level (albeit a low one, though that isn't the case) doing so: whether others did or did not, that's not my business.  Certainly, the point of defending the virgin is, of course, defending the virgin from mobs that spawn, and I not only exploited a glitch, I missed the entire point of the game mode.  Whether or not I knew I was going to be banned or not is a moot point, as I was also actively participating in robbing others of fun (as I've found out first hand) while I tk'd back.

I'll also have to apologize for not reporting this at any point, and have no excuse to why I didn't that is worthy (and, no, 'someone else will do it' is not a worthy excuse.)  I won't argue the decision made, even if there's a part of me that wants to, because this decision, hopefully, will discourage others from not reporting bugs sooner, hopefully providing everyone with a better game play experience thereafter.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
Re: [Unban Request] Culprit Character Name: Defend_This_Virgin
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 10:45:38 pm »
Unban on 27.7. Also see the thread http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,11477.0.html