Author Topic: The Transfer Radius should be increased since speed decreased by 75%  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
Re: The Transfer Radius should be increased since speed decreased by 75%
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 07:57:46 am »
Why not solve fire brigades, not by reducing the transfer radius, but by having transfers not be instantaneous. Have them take an hour to transfer, and tweak the transfer radius accordingly.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,10619.0.html

I just thought about that myself. Caravans, that transfer your gold/equip/tropps to the player you want, but they take some time.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 09:40:17 am »
I disagree. everything is ok with this. there are plenty of more important thing that should be done and fixed.
Igni et ferro

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 07:59:49 pm »
If this is to be implemented, the transfer radius must be no larger than the distance you can move in an hour. Otherwise fire brigades will still be possible, but they will be a giant pain in the ass to manage unless your members are online 24/7.

Actually, I think that the transfer radius should be larger than the distance you can move in one hour. I see no problem with fire brigade behaviour itself, only the fact that it was once instantaneous. I actually like the idea of non-instantaneous fire brigades because they are reminiscent of supply lines or player built "roads". I outline some possible implications in the thread I linked to.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 01:20:31 am »
Actually, I'm really liking this idea of roads in general. Just dirt colored lines on the map between towns. If you get on them, it could move your speed up to 4 or something. And to make things more of a pain, you could make them curved like hell so people have to be checking the map constantly to correct their path and actually take advantage of them.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 02:24:37 am »
I believe the devs have said there will be different terrain types in new strat. I don't know about roads, but I know they mentioned like mountains being slower to go on.