Author Topic: cheating  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: cheating
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 01:37:54 am »
+1
Dexxtaa hit it dead on.
There are no cheats that work for this game. There was an autoblocker and everybody who used it got banned, and it was easily tracked by the devs.

This is very naive saying that, there is programmers that develop hacks for all the games out there that even use cheat protection, while warband have no cheat protection at all, what make you think there is no programmers out there able to write a hack for this game? As far as i know warband is an indie game and im pretty sure alot of skilled programmers could write and sell hack easily for that game and i am pretty sure there is alot of them available as we speak.

I have been doing online competition since 1998 and there is cheaters and hacks available in every games.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 09:11:42 am »
You think a program can be better than a skilled person at this game? Sorry, not going to happen.
Secondly, They are pretty easy to catch. There were some autoblockers, as a I said, and they were permanently banned easily. They weren't even above average players!

I'm not being naive, Vieux.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 09:52:34 am »
Marathon,

ANYONE can hack Warband. It is the easiest game to hack that I own. Anything from replacing wall and item textures with a beneficial texture (such as see-through, or bright pink) is a hack. A single autoblock hack was detected and deterred, but that does not mean many other programs are out there that work just as well.

Are the best players in c-rpg legit? I certainly believe so. But, are there better-than-average players out there who are better-than-average because of the use of hacks? Absolutely.

Warband's best defense so far against hackers has been the low-key nature of the game. If warband was more mainstream, it would be riddled with hacks on every corner.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 10:01:09 am »
+1
Marathon,

ANYONE can hack Warband. It is the easiest game to hack that I own. Anything from replacing wall and item textures with a beneficial texture (such as see-through, or bright pink) is a hack. A single autoblock hack was detected and deterred, but that does not mean many other programs are out there that work just as well.

Are the best players in c-rpg legit? I certainly believe so. But, are there better-than-average players out there who are better-than-average because of the use of hacks? Absolutely.

Warband's best defense so far against hackers has been the low-key nature of the game. If warband was more mainstream, it would be riddled with hacks on every corner.
Texture packs aren't hacks, but they are gay as fuck.
and, tbh, A quality autoblock that wouldn't fall to feints and such? It would be extremely hard to code and would be the easiest to detect cheat ever. If it was easier to make a hack there would be hackers around, but there isn't.

I do agree with you though, the best defense is that this is a low key game so not many people have created hacks. The ones that have been made have been banned, simple.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 12:44:39 pm »
man, sometimes you are just in the zone. Somedays i can't duel worth shit, somedays every hit I block and every swing i throw hits someone in the face at perfect range.

btw op, do you play xbox online?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:46:14 pm by Wookimonsta »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 03:44:12 pm »
man, sometimes you are just in the zone. Somedays i can't duel worth shit, somedays every hit I block and every swing i throw hits someone in the face at perfect range.

btw op, do you play xbox online?

See post #3 dawg
visitors can't see pics , please register or login