Author Topic: Xbow WPF?  (Read 792 times)

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
Xbow WPF?
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:24:12 am »
So I've read in a few posts that WPF for Xbows lowers Reload time and ups Accuracy... so Why is it that with 189 WPF in Xbow, the Light xbow doesn't reload any faster? It should be INSTANTANIOUS!!!?!?!

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Xbow WPF?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:28:10 am »
Lol I don't know what to tell you there, obviously it must cap somewhere. Anyway, xbows are totally fine with just using 120 wpf, maybe 130-140 if you really want to make long range shots. I think its crazy that you actually bothered leveling xbow wpf up that high

Offline SkyrayFox

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: SkyrayFox
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 10:32:39 am »
+1
I actually tested and can confirm your suspicion.

(click to show/hide)

Using the program ImageJ (free and awesome,) I measured the distance between the centers on the 3 interior circles in each reticule image. From these measurements I determined the “width” of the each reticule using the average distance between the interior circles. I used an average value here because, even at 1920x1080 resolution, the distance values had digitization and, more significantly, the distance between the bottom two circles is different that the distance from the upper circle to either lower circle.  I also determined the “area” of each reticule since projectile grouping are areal, not linear. This reticule area was defined as the area of a circumscribed circle for an equilateral triangle with edge length equal to the given reticule width. Below are plots of the reticule width and reticule area in pixels and pixels^2, respectively, as a function of crossbow proficiency.

(click to show/hide)

I'm not sure what the accuracy values on the website are suppose to be, but it does not appear to be accuracy in the traditional sense.

I also measured the time taken to expend 21 bolts (the one that comes loaded and a 20 bolt quiver) allowing for a minimized reticule each shot. I can also report that the agility of a character does not directly increase crossbow rate of fire.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 10:36:30 am »
So judging by all this guys research, there's not much point in going anywhere past say about 150 wpf in crossbow

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 11:45:40 am »
Hmm... Well, While that all makes sense, that's very disappointing -_-