Author Topic: Why did shields get nerfed? Good shields take 2 slots now.  (Read 1756 times)

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
Why did shields get nerfed? Good shields take 2 slots now.
« on: July 12, 2011, 07:47:26 pm »
Most all the good shields I have take 2 slots now.  Why was this changed?  There was no reason.  I can't even use a norman shield on horseback anymore if I want a sword/lance.  This is quite simply retarded--I hope this is merely another troll by chadz and co.  BTW you can't see the slot requirements on the website either, which sucks.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:15:03 pm by CtrlAltDe1337 »
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Re: Why did shields get nerfed? GOod shields take 2 slots now.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 07:49:14 pm »
Shields over 8 weight units are 2 slots now.

I think this is how it used to be before the patch, and the hotfix fixed it where it was broken post-most-recent-patch.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 07:57:37 pm »
IMO to nerf guys using heavy shield with 1h sword fast against pol/2H + 1h axe to break other shields, this build didn't required a lot of wpf 1H, 130 was enough.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:01:33 pm by Elio »

Offline a_bit_longer_cat

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 08:08:40 pm »
Because shields are not manly!

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 08:13:14 pm »
I like the look of heavy norman shields. The fact that they use 2 slots now is a disappointment. I think only huscarl, heavy board shield, and the steel shield should be 2 slots.

While my main character is a shielder, she uses the elite cavalry shield, and not one of the shields that were nerfed. I never saw the heavy normans (or even the heavy board shield) on the battlefield, which makes me question why the nerf was needed. For aesthetic purposes alone, it would be nice to see the heavy normans become 1 slot, or a 7 weight, 1 slot norman shield with the same appearance.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 08:18:06 pm »
+1
I like the look of heavy norman shields. The fact that they use 2 slots now is a disappointment. I think only huscarl, heavy board shield, and the steel shield should be 2 slots.

While my main character is a shielder, she uses the elite cavalry shield, and not one of the shields that were nerfed. I never saw the heavy normans (or even the heavy board shield) on the battlefield, which makes me question why the nerf was needed. For aesthetic purposes alone, it would be nice to see the heavy normans become 1 slot, or a 7 weight, 1 slot norman shield with the same appearance.
I am (was) basically the only guy to use heavy norman shields.  They suited my build well and I have two heirloom points into one.  Now I can't use it as a cav shield I'm pretty sad.  I can understand heavy board shields and up, but Norman?  They were used as bloody cavalry shields IRL.  chadz needs to bump their weight down or raise the limit.
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
Re: Why did shields get nerfed? Good shields take 2 slots now.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 10:24:29 pm »
+1
The knightly heater shield is great, but it's 1 slot. Don't know how shields of equal/arguably worse value are 2 slots.

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 10:56:34 pm »
+1
I can understand the huscarl, heavy board, and maybe the steel shield, but I don't see why the normans and kite shields needed to take 2 slots as well.  Seems like overkill. 

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 12:19:00 am »
Most all the good shields I have take 2 slots now.  Why was this changed?  There was no reason.  I can't even use a norman shield on horseback anymore if I want a sword/lance.  This is quite simply retarded--I hope this is merely another troll by chadz and co.  BTW you can't see the slot requirements on the website either, which sucks.

just wear a heater shield theses are great  , i have a MW heater shield and hes a trusty companion ,  he does break fast with axes but , i can deal with it

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 01:33:17 am »
thing is if a 1.3 weight 95 length katana is 2 slots, most every shield should be 2 slots as well as their weights are almost all greater than even the heaviest 2h weapons, which are all 2 slot
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 01:54:57 am »
The knightly heater shield is great, but it's 1 slot. Don't know how shields of equal/arguably worse value are 2 slots.

the knightly heater/kite arent so hot anymore, getting hit lots when it used to block better.  Not sure whats causing it, but the shield is definitely not covering as much as it used to

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 05:02:55 am »
I'd be really cool if a dev would consider changing this back.  Or at least explain the justification for changing the shields--which I never heard anyone complain about or anyone abuse.