Author Topic: Noob Questions  (Read 954 times)

Offline DrakeTheTerrible

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Noob Questions
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:27:17 am »
1. Can I please have a brief explanation/overview on retiring and heirlooming. I cannot find a guide on it anywhere. I want to know what they are, what happens when you do it. Pros and cons.

2. I'm planning on saving up for a heavy warhorse. I am almost there. What kind of repair costs should I be expecting after a match? Or is it lucky and there isn't any since its alive.

3. When is the best time to release a lance thrust from horseback? I mean should it hit the person while your arm is only halfway through its surge forward or are you supposed to release it early so it hits the person when the range of movement is complete?

4. Is there anyway to get lances to work like in singleplayer? As in, soon as you're going fast enough it auto-couches?

Thanks to anyone who answers.

Offline Aquila101

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No Faction.
  • Game nicks: Aquila101
Re: Noob Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 06:40:15 am »
I can only answer two of your questions.

To Couch your Lance like in Sp, Once you reach a decent speed press X (This is the Default Key) And it should Couch the Lance.
As for Releasing a thrust and when it should make contact I try and release about one horse length before an enemy, it will change depending on the speed of your lance and your horse
But Generally A horse Length or two will allow you to extend the lance enough to deal some pretty decent damage if the enemy doesn't manage to get a shield up in time to block, even if they do the lance hit will take a chunk out of the shield so it isn't completely fruitless if they manage to get a block.

Hope this was Helpful.
If you play Archer, Don't rage when a Cav rides around you and lances you in the back while you are lining up a perfect shot on his teammate.
He will kill you just before you release that Arrow.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 09:26:09 am »
+1
1. Can I please have a brief explanation/overview on retiring and heirlooming. I cannot find a guide on it anywhere. I want to know what they are, what happens when you do it. Pros and cons.

When you reach lvl 31 you can pick one item to heirloom and reset your level to 1 (the process is called retiring). It usually adds either damage and speed for weapon, increases armor for armor, etc (more info under retirement tab). You can heirloom the same item 3x at most.

2. I'm planning on saving up for a heavy warhorse. I am almost there. What kind of repair costs should I be expecting after a match? Or is it lucky and there isn't any since its alive.

There is always a chance to recieve a repair bill for any item you use (including horses). Heavy warhorse will cost you A LOT.

3. When is the best time to release a lance thrust from horseback? I mean should it hit the person while your arm is only halfway through its surge forward or are you supposed to release it early so it hits the person when the range of movement is complete?

Early if the guy you are attacking has a long weapon (a polearm or a long thrust 2h). Else you could also thrust a bit later / closer to the enemy.

4. Is there anyway to get lances to work like in singleplayer? As in, soon as you're going fast enough it auto-couches?

No, you have to press the key "X" to couch.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 05:22:04 pm »
As a new player saving straight up for an expensive horse is a poor idea. You are going to buy it, use it 10 times and then be broke from the huge repair costs on it.

I would suggest starting with either the rouncy, palfrey, or desert horse. These horses are cheap enough that you can use them all the time. You want to aim for about 25k total gear value if you don't want to worry about money. Get some 3-5k armor, some 2-3k shoes, cheap hat, lance or light lance(heavy lance is expensive) and fill in the rest with whatever money you have left. You'll learn really quick how to maneuver around maps to avoid arrow fire because without an armored horse you'll die to about 3 arrows. The faster you learn this the better.

Nothing is more frustrating as a horseman than being stuck on foot because you can't afford your horse.

Offline DrakeTheTerrible

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 07:01:51 pm »
Thanks for all your help. Damn I really wish there was auto-couching.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 07:49:54 pm »
Soon you will realize that couching people who are paying attention is almost impossible and then won't miss it so much.