Author Topic: Miaodao lost efficiency????  (Read 2431 times)

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
Re: Miaodao lost efficiency????
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 08:19:22 pm »
No.  3 speed is gigantic.

You are missing the obvious point.  All you have to do is look at both MW items.

Dadao =
45 cut
93 sp

Miadao =
43 cut
96 sp  (from 98)

Its an EXACT tradeoff.  and the damage on the Dadao is incrementally higher and worth FAR MORE than the speed buff with the new damage soak values.
And with that tradeoff, the Miaodao is STILL twice as much.  the Dadao didnt change value at all, and the Miadao LOST 2 speed.
The price difference was worth it when the speed values were increased, but as they have essentially the same weapons values now, the price differences need to be negated.

(click to show/hide)
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »
Miaodao lost 1 speed not 2.  Either way 3 speed is easily better than damage.  Now I'll agree that the daodao looks better now that the miao has lost a point in speed but the miao is a far superior weapon because it still hits hard has good range and is much fast than all 2 handers other than katana and longsword.

I would say the bastard sword may be the best weapon in the game now.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 09:13:21 pm »
Miadao lost 2 speed.  you dont know what you are talking about.  It lost 1 speed from stock purchase from 96 to 95, and another from hierlooming.

The end stats used to be 43 cut 98 speed.
it is now 43 cut 96 speed.

learn basic math.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 11:20:24 pm »
It was slightly overpowered, reducing the speed by 1 was a justified nerf, and yes I am using this weapon. I agree that is is a nerf of 1 speed, as a lot of other stuff got the same heirloom -1. The weapon fits in with the rest now, it has pretty high cut damage.

If they would just make it look like a miaodao instead of a twohanded sabre, but then they would have to give it a stab.

Oh yeah why doesnt the miaodao or the hafted blades get weaboo tax? If Japanese stuff (read only katana, not the armors or the nodachi nor the wakizashi, thanks for the katana-hate) gets it why doesnt chinese stuff? Is it really so much of a difference that Japan is an island a few miles further east?

Miaodao is chinese weapon and Ninjas are japanese. Phail!
Yes the miaodao is indeed chinese, model is arabic and I'm using it as a ninja. If they would just make the katana less of a fail weapon, then I could stop betraying my clan's heritage.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:21:29 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 11:27:20 pm »
Nerf kills the Miaodaoninja named Seranoth finally.

Iam tired of being nerfed in all last patches so bad, that it kills all the little rest fun of playing crpg.

Come people- find me hiding in a corner- i can only block one hit - the second one will kill me, because iam to slow now to block, or parry it with a chamber.
What should i do ? Sell my MW- Miaodao??? Its really bullshit atm.

If your weapon lose 2 speed and you suddenly suck shit, you probably sucked shit to begin with.

There's no way you can't block twice in a row, hell use the slowest weapon in the game with 0 wpf and you'll still be able to block twice in a row, you're just bad.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 12:02:29 am »
Seranoth just doesn't know how to block, never seen the spammer do it.

Offline espooo

• Banned hacker
  • Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I am always getting hunted down.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Calradia (Bridgeburners)
  • Game nicks: Espo_BRD
  • IRC nick: Espo
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 01:43:18 am »
I believe this weapon is still very viable. Despite having no lolstab, this weapon out-swings the danish great sword with greater speed and the same cut damage.
I still think it is one of the better 2h swords.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login