Author Topic: Heirloom reset with big changes.  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Argos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: QuarkTheThird, ArgosTheSmelly, Bonk, GormTheSteady, Siro
Re: Heirloom reset with big changes.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 08:20:42 pm »
I'd say keep them and use cheaper arrows atm, I'm hoping they reduce the repair costs.

I was trying my thrower today, decided to use my cheap gear (when I say cheap I mean Steppe armor, nomad boots etc, total cost 10-15k), and was losing money overall. Can't use my mail shirt or good weapons at all like this.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 01:06:36 am »
As said before, this will never ever be possible again. People would just go for lots of looms, not for quality looms. Because they will speculate on another loom reset.

So yeah, it will, never, ever, happen. Trade it :)

Well, that sucks but you make your point. However trading the item isn't a good option either, because my problem isn't that I want to change builds or anything, its that the one item that I heirloomed is now horrible. Unless you've got millions of gold you're looking to spend, an extra 400g for upkeep is simply not worth the extra 4 damage bodkins do. This is just my build, but I guess there have been other loomed weapons that have become irrelevant. If a loom point refund isn't possible, perhaps it could be possible to trade in heirlooms for some amount of experience as compensation for the loss, I don't see how that would be unfair.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 08:34:50 am »
+3
I was thinking about this problem, seems like the marketplace was heavily disturbed with these changes, people have tons of items that they don't use anymore and they can't get rid of 'em, and i was wondering: would it be possible to arrange something like a 1-week action for re-looming a few items for a certain price, approved by admins ? For instance, you have +1 heavy lance that you don't need anymore and you cant sell it, trade it or anything.....so you click on re-loom option and pay a certain fee (50k or 100k or whatever) and wait for it to be approved by admin or even make it auto-approve and when it happens you get a loom point to spend somewhere else ? To prevent abusing this feature by people with lots of heirlooms & money make it maximum of 3 re-looms per man ? It would cut the whining and somewhat improve the situation on the marketplace. Any thoughts of this ? Maybe my idea is not the best but feel free to improve it with extra details and solutions.....
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:38:53 am by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 09:43:55 am »
I was thinking about this problem, seems like the marketplace was heavily disturbed with these changes, people have tons of items that they don't use anymore and they can't get rid of 'em, and i was wondering: would it be possible to arrange something like a 1-week action for re-looming a few items for a certain price, approved by admins ? For instance, you have +1 heavy lance that you don't need anymore and you cant sell it, trade it or anything.....so you click on re-loom option and pay a certain fee (50k or 100k or whatever) and wait for it to be approved by admin or even make it auto-approve and when it happens you get a loom point to spend somewhere else ? To prevent abusing this feature by people with lots of heirlooms & money make it maximum of 3 re-looms per man ? It would cut the whining and somewhat improve the situation on the marketplace. Any thoughts of this ? Maybe my idea is not the best but feel free to improve it with extra details and solutions.....

u r a genius! +1!!!
and since most ppl have 6 heirlooms, perhaps we can increse the re-looms per man to 6 but no more. What do you think?

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 09:45:16 am »
u r a genius! +1!!!
and since most ppl have 6 heirlooms, perhaps we can increse the re-looms per man to 6 but no more. What do you think?

I think you have 6 heirlooms. Am I right?

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 10:45:06 am »
I think you have 6 heirlooms. Am I right?

wrong, i have 9 heirloom points spent, 3 MWs