Author Topic: [PERMBAN REQUEST] - snu  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Lorden

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [PERMBAN REQUEST] - snu
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 05:03:26 am »
From server logs:

20:38:55 - [snu] maybe you shouldnt attempt banning me anymore, because i might be someone who u dont think i am
20:45:03 - *SPEC* [snu] no u dont
 20:45:05 - *SPEC* [snu] im right here
 20:45:28 - *SPEC* [snu] and youve got ALOT of explaining to do lorenLorden, youve got alot of exlaining to do
 20:45:41 - *SPEC* [snu] LORDEN, youve got tons of explaining to do
 20:45:54 - *SPEC* [snu] feel free to explain on forums while your afk in my server
 20:46:07 - *SPEC* [snu] lorden, go spec while afk
 20:46:10 - *SPEC* [snu] or ill ban you
 20:46:38 - [snu] better stay in spec for the "forum drama"

Full chat log:
(click to show/hide)

/thread.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:25:09 am by Lorden »

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 06:52:09 am »
can we permaban him from all NA servers? This guy is just flat out annoying... plus he's double posting, which might get him muted here.

protip: check the forums if you have a question, don't try to bug people in-game. People will be more likely to troll you in-game.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 09:00:08 am »
Seawied , don't get yourself in trouble for posting useless comments about someone.

Unless you have anything relevant about the ban or proof of any kind, stay off this topic.

Thank you

Offline snusnu4u

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 07:00:38 pm »
1.) get muted for asking question (which still was not answered btw)
2.) re-log because obviously that does not constitute a ban, no i wasn't "spamming", 20 times over the course of an hour doesnt really qaulify as spam, i dont see people who die every minute and say "lol" in chat get muted?
3.) get temp-banned for "dodging mute"
4.) rejoin 2-3 times, get back on server
5.) lorden absolutely dumbfounded as to how i joined back (i am too, fail coding)
6.) lorden summons glorious neckbeard to deal with wizard (i am wzrd)
7.) get perma banned  >  ask question

what is this i dont even.

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 07:08:38 pm »
lol barbas, brown-nosing troll :D   btw ive only been on MW for about 3-4 days now and only have 70 hours logged, how can i possibly be the most annoying? :D

Well.. I suppose it depends on whether your definitions of 'most annoying' is based upon quantitative or qualitative measures.  Quantitatively, given the limited amount of time you've been there, perhaps you haven't contributed the greatest gross amount of annoyingness to the server.  Qualitatively, however, I found your griefing to be of the most obnoxious manner.  Though your mute/ban-evasion likely contributed to that, allowing you more time to develop your troll-persona of the obviously intentional griefer who persists in the charade of being genuinely clueless and genuinely asking (again, and again, and again..) what they have done wrong. 

Such behavior counts as the most obnoxious, in my view, because of its utter stupidity.  Not only is there no one at all who is fooled into believing you genuinely ignorant as to your offenses, but surely you also know that no one is so fooled.  Thus you are being purely annoying, without even the slightest degree of cleverness or humor that might otherwise provide the rest of us with at least some amount of amusement. 

I propose we not only keep snu permanently banned from NA, but someone should also confiscate his computer and provide him with a vigorous spanking.

Offline runemaster

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vic_Rattlehead
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 07:17:48 pm »
Well, this is noone of my business, but I watched the whole thing happen, and although I do appreciate the admins on the seige server and I do not envy their tough job at all, both snu and lorden were wrong at some point.  Here's what happened:

1. random guy makes a contruction site

2. Lorden states, "no construction sites allowed"

3. snu asks, "what is a construction site?" presumably trying to comply with the admin

4. admin Lorden replies with smartass remark, 'it's where construction happens' (if he had just taken 5 seconds to answer the question instead of being 'Johnny Cool' the whole incident would not have happened, and yes it was a very reasonable question)

5. snu asks again, as the answer doesn't help

6. several othe players follow the admins lead and give equally unhelpful, smartass answers

7 snu keeps asking and is muted, as it is getting pretty annoying

8. snu bypasses mute/drama ensues and digs himself into a hole for some reason

Hope this was helpful, if not feel free to delete my post. Ban snu, I don't care either way, but can the admins please try to be helpful to new players?

Offline Lorden

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 08:10:59 pm »
You're missing info between section 4 and 7: in between snu asking 20+ times, 4 helpful players give clear and concise answers. Then, lorden (in pink admin text) tells snu to look at the logs as the question was already answered multiple times. snu persists in re-asking question and THEN AND ONLY THEN gets muted.

This makes ALL the difference in my opinion. After that, snu's behaviour simply degenerates until he earns himself the permban.

Not banned for asking a question. Banned for evading punishement and escalating the situation with various other rule breaches.

Get your facts in order people and can we PLEASE lock this thread.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 08:33:56 pm »
I cant lock a thread just because the guy is trying to defend himself.

1- The admin explained the ban

2- The "banned" explained his side of the stories

3- No agreement whatsoever was reached

4- No apologies were made ( not takin side here, didn't say they were necessary, just stating what we have so far)

5- Random people started posting non-significant stuff in this thread.

So basicly, I'm not locking this because Lorden asked me, I wanted to lock it yesterday but thought maybe a last minute screenshot / proof would change everything (which didnt happen).

I'm locking this topic because you guys couldnt reach an agreement and further discussions were just pointless and also very boring.

Nindurr or Ecko will deal with this in time.