Author Topic: Nerfing xbow/bow shoot speed by 31% next patch is too extreme  (Read 6662 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: Nerfing xbow/bow shoot speed by 31% next patch is too extreme
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2011, 11:08:41 pm »
Hmn damn ninja edit..  :oops:

Anyways its only the bows that is getting this beautiful change and not the xbows??  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:10:33 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2011, 12:29:49 am »
+1
An archer shot me today. Clearly they are OP. I want them lowered by an extreme amount so I can be like Keanu Reeves in the matrix. Its historically accurate too. A Viking berserker's pecks were so strong that they could deflect arrows. Samurais were so skilled they could deflect arrows. Here is a historical video portraying this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcpAc96rZp4#t=1m40s

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:35:22 am by Seawied »
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2011, 12:50:28 am »
+2
I didn't think they would do it... Did us archers deserve another nerf? I shall see how this is, but I guarantee it won't show the difference between "the skilled archers & the peasant archers" for numerous reasons already brought up by the community.

When there are more cavalry running wild than normal because archers can't dehorse and pikemen can't hold onto their pikes, you know what to do...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2011, 12:52:05 am »
+3
balance is also about having a sensible mix of classes. (amount of players playing each class)

I.ex Archery may well be as efficient as 2h atm, but people have a tendency to pick it up faster. It might be easier, it might be that more people simply want to play archer, idk.

Fact is that at least on EU there are tons of Archers atm. When it reaches a certain threshold of arrowspam, other classes become near-unplayable. The same goes for cav..

So if there is a shift in the playerbase, as to what class they are playing, it changes the game. Then it is time for a nerf.. I feel that way very clearly with cav at the moment, and to a certain degree with archers+xbows. Shielders and 2h I feel are pretty much balanced out, considering the other advantages a shield brings. (both on a skill level, and ranged protection)

To balance things out atm here is "my recipe" in order of importance:

1. Nerf cav maneuverability, and a little bit of their top speed, so they can't be more mobile than infantry no matter the terrain.
2. Nerf Archery a tiny bit. Perhaps a very few points in damage, and/or projectile speed.
3. Give back simple anti-cav weapons that are sheathable. (light, but long enough spears. Should stop cav, but not be better than pure infantry spears. The bamboo is a weapon of the type im thinking of, but we need a euro version of it.)

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:53:38 am by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2011, 01:00:33 am »
balance is also about having a sensible mix of classes. (amount of players playing each class)

I.ex Archery may well be as efficient as 2h atm, but people have a tendency to pick it up faster. It might be easier, it might be that more people simply want to play archer, idk.

Fact is that at least on EU there are tons of Archers atm. When it reaches a certain threshold of arrowspam, other classes become near-unplayable. The same goes for cav..

So if there is a shift in the playerbase, as to what class they are playing, it changes the game. Then it is time for a nerf.. I feel that way very clearly with cav at the moment, and to a certain degree with archers+xbows. Shielders and 2h I feel are pretty much balanced out, considering the other advantages a shield brings. (both on a skill level, and ranged protection)

To balance things out atm here is "my recipe" in order of importance:

1. Nerf cav maneuverability, and a little bit of their top speed, so they can't be more mobile than infantry no matter the terrain.
2. Nerf Archery a tiny bit. Perhaps a very few points in damage, and/or projectile speed.
3. Give back simple anti-cav weapons that are sheathable. (light, but long enough spears. Should stop cav, but not be better than pure infantry spears. The bamboo is a weapon of the type im thinking of, but we need a euro version of it.)

And just like that, bam, your entire post is no longer valid due to the latest patch  :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2011, 02:58:46 am »
lol.. i know tears.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Gildiss

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Goldline.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2011, 03:43:33 am »
Cool, xbows still have the old speeds.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2011, 10:51:38 am »
oh my god this made archery amazing
+100 awesome points for the shootspeed change. Made archery much more skill based and I greatly approve. More tactics possible, etc. It was a good move.

However, Whatever broke the damage to be so high [soak/reduce something or other] and enable me to 2 or 3 shot everything needs to be fixed though.
 I was topping the scoreboards with an 18/21 Dedicated [no melee, I let myself die to melee if they catch me without teammates] archer. An Archer I just created and don't have practice with. I play melee characters...
Some screens here of K/D. Didn't screenshot when I was with the fallen archers and they were the entire top 7 of the team with melee nowhere close.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:55:22 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2011, 12:05:53 pm »
We are investigating the armor ignore stuff. It's not intended.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2011, 02:34:29 pm »
Gotta say, I'm a big fan of the archery changes too. The arcing (though odd) is easy to get used to if you've ever used a grenade launcher in an FPS. I also LOVE the fact that my arrow goes where I fire it instead of deviating. Hooray for accuracy!

Oh, but fuck Xbows. Still get 1-shotted by a MW arbalest.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2011, 04:07:03 pm »
+2
oh my god this made archery amazing
+100 awesome points for the shootspeed change. Made archery much more skill based and I greatly approve. More tactics possible, etc. It was a good move.

However, Whatever broke the damage to be so high [soak/reduce something or other] and enable me to 2 or 3 shot everything needs to be fixed though.
 I was topping the scoreboards with an 18/21 Dedicated [no melee, I let myself die to melee if they catch me without teammates] archer. An Archer I just created and don't have practice with. I play melee characters...
Some screens here of K/D. Didn't screenshot when I was with the fallen archers and they were the entire top 7 of the team with melee nowhere close.
(click to show/hide)

On the bright side, every time The Fallen Death Squad hits a server, our team does not have to worry about the new upkeep with the permanent X5. Enjoy people!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2011, 04:17:00 pm »
+1
On the bright side, every time The Fallen Death Squad hits a server, our team does not have to worry about the new upkeep with the permanent X5. Enjoy people!

No kidding, we kept a x5 last night for hours it seemed XD
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.