Author Topic: Noob trying to define his style  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Aymeric

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Noob trying to define his style
« on: July 09, 2011, 06:55:23 pm »
First post on the forum! ( even if i read a lot -while at work-)
I am playing a lvl 22, 1 hander - arbalest   o 1hander shield crossbow and even some cavalry sometimes....
as you see i love everything ( except 2 hander which i find too hard to master ).
Before trying bowman or dedicated HA:
- can anyone help me defining my style:

a) I like the feel of cavalry running like hell in the middle of infantry troops. ( but i m quite bad at it lol )
b) I like the feel of shooting an headshot form far away...( i m ok at it with x bow and never tried bow except in 1 player game )
c) I like when i manage to "turn" an enemy behind his shield so that friendly archers can kill him easily ( i'm ok, but not very good at it )

As you see i suppose a 18/18 hybrid would be my style, but i doubt on everything....

I just bought an arbalest and even with 80 in Xbow i like the one shot feeling and i m afraid of loosing it if i try an archer....

I DONT WANT TO TRY the "skip the fun" option even if i know it would be the best...

I know it s a hard question i ask, but if anyone could just give me his/her personal feelings about ENJOYING the game ( i don't mind about K/D ratio )

Thanks all and see you in the battlefield!!!!!

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
Re: Noob trying to define his style
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 08:02:07 pm »
Make a bunch of alts for every different build. It may be frustrating 'cause a bunch of your time goes wasted if you decide you don't like an alt, but I find it very fun whenever I want to try something different.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 09:01:45 pm »
well 18 18 build is for sure, but i cant tell you what to pick for your class, its all up to you, 
with 18 18 build and weapon master 6 you can have wpp ratio of your primary and secoundary weapns
150/55  135/100 120/115
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bromagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 09:40:15 pm »
I had the same problem and i gotta say I loved my 1h+shield/polearm build I cant really remember how i spend my points I think something like=

18str/18agil
balanced wpf in 1h and pole (example- 125 polearms, 125 1h)
4 shield
5 athletics
5 riding
6 weaponmaster
6or 7 ironflesh and Powerstrike

cant remember but I think it was close to this .. good luck =))

"A pint of ale will make your nipples stale"- Brogg

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Duerkos
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 09:54:32 pm »
You can also play native multiplayer a bit, and you will see what is more fun for you. I would recommend going polearms, as melee is often the most fun, and polearms have more possible uses than 2h swords.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 06:34:13 pm »
You could rock a high agility build, and split ur wpf into someting like 121/121/100something. You'd need to convert some points, and have 12 strength. I'm trying this out for a native american build thing, using 1h, spear, and throwing. I'll let you know how badly it works out.

It sounds like you want to be able to ride horses, but also like ranged combat. You mentioned enjoying 1h weapons, 1h/shield, and xbows as well. You could go for a 1h/xbow hybrid, with points in riding. But, you won't be able to one shot people or use your arbelast on horseback. You don't wanna waste the arbelast though, so maybe make a cav alt.

You might like a 1h/xbow build. If you want you can put 3 or 4 points in shield skill, but due to the slot system you would forced to use a regular xbow (or weaker), for the arbelast takes 2 slots.

Really, if you want to use an arbelast and carry some other weapon, that other weapon would have to be a 1h due to the slot system.

"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Sammael

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SammaeI
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 09:42:55 pm »
As far as simply enjoying the game goes, I get the most enjoyment out of hybridization. Currently I am a 21/15 build. I have most of my wpf in 1h, some in pole and some in xbow. I have 5 points in WM, Riding and Athletics, 3 in shield and 7 ps. I have saved a few extra points as I'm not sure where I want them yet (maybe ironflesh).

With that build I can be 1h/shield infantry, 1h cav, lance cav, arbalest/1h, crossbow/1h/shield, hoplite. If you can't make up your mind, do a build that will let you do it all. Just keep in mind that you will not be as effective at all those roles as a pure build would be.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 11:30:55 pm »
Try playing as a 2 hander. It's tough, but the rewards for success are overwhelmingly satisfying, and it's a lot more intense and fun in my opinion.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 11:33:12 pm »
typically I get my 1H to 140 WPP or higher, but this gen I'm at 130 with 57 points in crossbow.  This really helps your crossbow aim compared to having no points in it.

This is with only 4 weaponmaster!