Author Topic: 1 time useable lances  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
Re: 1 time useable lances
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 11:13:06 am »
I like the idea, only if we kept all other lances.

But then why would anyone use this if they could keep the others? Maybe if it was 0 slots. After all, 1 kill really isn't a lot.

Plus if you replaced all lances (not saying you're necessarily suggesting this), then it would be a bit sucky for balance.
but if you make them 0 slots, then it would be also used as a footmen's sidearm, and that's not really what i'm looking for. Andyes, we keep all lances, if 1 is removed by this idea, whine untill we get it back, i really don't want to change anything about current cav, because i think the balance is fine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 11:41:05 am »
1h cav usually have 2 free slots... a lance is 2 slots.
And if this lance isn't 1-hit kill it also means it won't kill people a lot of the time
It's a nice idea, but imo a better one would be to make the jousting lance 1-slot. That way 1h cav can have a lance, but it's not spamable. In cav vs cav, lance should win, not fair if you give 1h cav lances too

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 05:08:56 pm »
How is it not fair that 1h cav can use lances, too? Like historical knights.
Anyway the slots isn't the problem at all as cav shields are 1 slot but the dropping is, a mixed lancer often has to play that way already, use lance, use sword, ride back to pick up the lance again.

And I have to say I actually like the idea, if you spawned one of the weapon racks at spawn lancers could kill someone and ride back to their spawn to get a fresh one (lance should only break if you killed someone though and maybe made cheaper/stronger). I don't see a big problem having to run back to spawn (or switch to sidearm, spear, morningstar or 1h) after making a kill.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 10:42:58 pm »
1h cav usually have 2 free slots... a lance is 2 slots.
And if this lance isn't 1-hit kill it also means it won't kill people a lot of the time
It's a nice idea, but imo a better one would be to make the jousting lance 1-slot. That way 1h cav can have a lance, but it's not spamable. In cav vs cav, lance should win, not fair if you give 1h cav lances too

that might actually work... but for a different new lance similar to the jousting lance. Jousting lance might be OP if it were 1 slot.

A couchable only, shorter 1 slot lance might be ok.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 10:23:41 am »
This is how I wish all cav was. The idea of a lance never breaking has always seemed retarded and insanely overpowered to me.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 10:29:47 am »
This is how I wish all cav was. The idea of a lance never breaking has always seemed retarded and insanely overpowered to me.
Me too, but then the whole balance would be gone. And if all lances would be let go of(not break, because they don't) then you should also get an insta-kill if you hit a guy with a sword from horseback, even guys in plate, and you'd be half-dead if you would get run over by a horse. But that's not how the game works :|
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)