Author Topic: additional multiplier for MVP of a round  (Read 342 times)

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
additional multiplier for MVP of a round
« on: July 01, 2011, 04:56:22 am »
One of the biggest problems with the reward system is that it's mostly based on luck of whether you got put on a good team or not. Sure the team balance helps things out, but it would still be nice to be rewarded for your own skills. That's why I was thinking There should be an MVP reward per round per team. The MVP gets an additional multiplier as a reward (unless they're already at x5). Of course, there's the obvious bias problems if you allow teammates to just vote for whoever they want for MVP. So I figured you could make a formula that tracks different actions that players do each round and then give them all co-efficients depending on how valuable that action is and add it all together.

Here's a list of variables I've come up with that could be used and a sample formula that probly needs to be recalculated:
RH = hits made with a ranged weapon
HH = hits made while on horseback
MH = hits made with a melee weapons
MB = blocks made with a weapon
SB = blocks made with a shield
RK = number of people holding a ranged weapon that you've killed
MK = number of people holding a melee weapon that you've killed
CK = number of people on horseback that you've killed
HK = number of mounted horses that you've killed
SK = number of shields you broke
HS = number of headshots you've gotten
EK = number of enemies you've kicked
RX = times hit with a ranged weapon
HX = times hit by a somebody on horse
MX = times hit by a melee weapon
D = deaths
TW = number of times you've injured an allied player
TK = number of times you've killed an allied player
(the following would only apply to seige)
FA = seconds you've spent in flag's capture zone on attack
FD = seconds you've spent in flag's capture zone on defense while attacker was also in that zone
FL = number of times you've left the flag's capture zone while an enemy was in it on defense
FE = number of times you've entered the flag's capture zone while an enemy was in it on defense
GO = number of times you've opened the game on attack
GC = number of times you've closed the gate on defense
LU = number of times you've put a drop ladder up on attack
LD = number of times you've pushed a drop ladder down on defense
SR = seconds you've spent pushing the seige ramp on attack

The formula could go something along the lines of
MVP = (0.4*RH + 0.5*HH + MH + MB + 0.5*SB + 1.3*RK + MK + 2*CK + 1.5*HK + SK + HS + EK - 0.3*RX - 0.8*HX - MX - D + 0.2*FA + 0.2*FD - 0.3*FL + 0.3*FE + 2*GO + GC + 0.2*LU + 0.2LD + 0.1*SR) / (1 + TW + TK)

And in case somebody finds a way to abuse the formula, you could make it to where the team can vote on the top 3 scorers listed in order of points. Then if somebody just did one stupid thing that didn't help the team but raised their score, the rest of the team can vote for somebody else when the vote comes up. And after discovering any abuses, the formula can be modified (hopefully just by changing co-efficients). And if it turns out you can find a formula that's surprisingly accurate of how useful a person is, maybe you can just give them an additional multiplier (or percentage chance of getting one) if they go above a certain limit.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Re: additional multiplier for MVP of a round
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 08:59:04 am »
Yeah would be nice, but can't be done now, no way to track those sort of stats currently. Similar things have been suggested many times before (I do agree, would be awesome to see other stats besides just K/D). Apparently cmp's WSE might let em do this, but that's still far off, time wise.
Monkeys!

Offline Dumertone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: iFail
Re: additional multiplier for MVP of a round
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 09:33:16 am »
I'd REALLY prefer getting % of enemy equip cost as gold reward and some fixed amount of exp depending on killed enemy lvl (not on his total xp gained, coz this number might differ by millions on higher lvls) as an exp reward.

The only problem I see with my 2 cents is known problem of players being too kill-hungry over that fact, what leads to situations when 5 players swing at 1 tincan (as they will become "tasty" targets) and teamhit\teamkill 1-2 ppl.

Getting back to OP - way too complicate to:
1) Implement
2) Be abuse secure (like ppl from one clan can get to the empty siege server and just raise\drop ladders to gain PROFIT )

But I'm glad I'm not alone who thinks that personal performance should be rewarded too. This could fix leeching problem.