Author Topic: High Ping in Game  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Reyiz

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Smell of Money
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rainbow
  • IRC nick: Jewianna
Re: High Ping in Game
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 03:47:30 pm »
My solution: When you join the server, if you see you got high ping, just try rejoing over and over until its get fixed. If you are lucky it will be a matter of seconds to get routed in the right direction :). Its not your ISP really, its one of the other providers that are between. Good luck. Salute.

didnt work mate but thanks anyway +1

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 03:55:02 pm »
Move :p
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline ponyboy

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ponyboy_BRD
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 10:40:32 pm »
I've been having the same problem, except it started about 4-5  months ago. prior to it i could connect to the NA servers with average of 60-80 ping.  then one day  it changed and since then my ping is usually between 90-120, some times it is bouncing up to 300 and is unplayable.

I play out of california , with cox communications as my provider. that ping test site gave me 51ms with 22ms jitters, and 0% packet loss. These days I can barely play on the main NA servers anymore.  Tried variety of anti virus programs, tried disabling them.  called my ISP they told me to get a new cable splitter, did nothing...

Offline Izuza

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Izu
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 11:18:20 pm »
Ping is just an indication sadly. It only tells there is 'something' going wrong.
Compare it to having a network of water channels and sending paper boats from one end and back again, and then measure the time it took the boat to get to the end and back again. That's ping basicly, but it doesn't tell you at all at which intersection the boat you send went to the left channel, right channel or centre one. It just tells you, I went there and got back again, here's the time.

For that you can use the following method:
open a command box (command promt, or enter 'cmd' in the search box)
Then type in 'tracert' without quotes and followed by the intended target, in this case, the cRPG server.
Example of what you get back:

command:  tracert 8.8.8.8

1   <1 ms   <1 ms   <1 ms  /// <-- my home router (if this is anything other then very low you have an issue at home, replace cables or even the router itself. If you have connected your PC directly to the internet the first router should be the providers one)
  2    22 ms     9 ms     9 ms  /// <--- my providers router
  3     8 ms     7 ms    16 ms  // <--- next router
  4    25 ms    11 ms    10 ms  /// <--- and next one
  5    15 ms    11 ms     9 ms  72.14.217.124
  6    12 ms    10 ms    11 ms  209.85.248.88
  7    11 ms    11 ms    10 ms  209.85.255.60
  8    20 ms    16 ms    14 ms  216.239.49.38
  9    22 ms    21 ms    14 ms  209.85.255.130
 10    14 ms    15 ms    10 ms  google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8] <--- google public DNS

Note that some routers are configured not to respond to ping, so will not give a return except for stars (*)

This won't fix anything of course, but will tell you if the issue is with your provider, or with some provider further up in the chain.
More important, it gives you some data to send to your provider where the issue is for you, with any luck they can go fix it (does take a while usually) and if it is an issue further ahead they can inform that provider.

Hope this helps!

quick edit:
I don't know what the IPs of the cRPG servers are, you'll have to ask those of the admins of that particular server.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 11:19:39 pm by Izuza »

Offline Candiru

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_Candiru
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 12:28:08 am »
Not the only one. It started a few weeks ago here aswell. I'm usually at 30 ping which is my best. Now I'm around 60-90 ping sometimes.
Human being to the mob..
What’s a mob to a king? What’s a king to a god?
What’s a god to a non-believer? Who don’t believe in anything?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 12:38:34 am »
Hm well I've had high ping for almost 2 months now and am still clueless as to what is causing it. But with all the testing I've done I'm more and more sure it's my PC.