Author Topic: Ban Request- PTK_Varangian  (Read 960 times)

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
Ban Request- PTK_Varangian
« on: June 26, 2011, 01:29:08 pm »
This particular person tk'ed me twice right at the start of a battle.  I never provoked it.  I never hit him back.  Show me that justice does exist...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I understand some members of my clan might not be of good standing with the allied clans of this server but do I deserve this treatment even though I never personally provoked it?

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Paniolo808

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Bumpin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nakoa
Re: Ban Request- PTK_Varangian
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 01:51:27 pm »
This guy is a leech and a troll.  He kept running around without a weapon boxing people, then a few times hid out somewhere while he ranted on in chat, delaying the round. Later, he kept trying to 'block' my character or cause me to hit him with my throwing axes, by running in front of me when I was about to toss, or running behind me and blocking me from backpedaling with my shield in melee.

I don't have screens of these, but then again, it's never really been my intent to go to the forums or deny someone of their playing ability, I took the later pic because he came onto the servers and hurrhurr'd about starting a thread to 'ban' me.

You'll notice I wasn't the only one to get tired of his antics, nor was I the only one to TK him. If admins check the logs, they'll find people complaining about him delaying. Or at least, comments along the lines of 'this is why we need votekick'.
"We can say that Maud'Dib learned rapidly because his first training was in how to learn. And the first lesson of all was the basic trust that he could learn."

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 01:56:08 pm »
This guy is a leech and a troll. 

Wow didn't know this was that easy to figure who is who on the message board.

I mean I understand I am well known for not trying to play this game and just leeching and not trying at all.

Thanks for telling my history.

Now back to what I said originally:  Can anyone justify this?

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Paniolo808

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Bumpin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nakoa
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 02:17:56 pm »
He kept running around without a weapon boxing people, then a few times hid out somewhere while he ranted on in chat, delaying the round. Later, he kept trying to 'block' my character or cause me to hit him with my throwing axes, by running in front of me when I was about to toss, or running behind me and blocking me from backpedaling with my shield in melee.

You'll notice I wasn't the only one to get tired of his antics, nor was I the only one to TK him. If admins check the logs, they'll find people complaining about him delaying. Or at least, comments along the lines of 'this is why we need votekick'.
Nice how you glossed over everything and tried to deflect. No admin was present or doing anything about it, you were leeching and delaying as well as acting like a donkey's backside(notice how as soon as Axe Killed EyeBeatWomen, DrivebyBeast_Tyrese thanked him? When Axe foud him, he'd been camped out in our spawn behind some trees, delaying the round while he ranted), so myself and other players did something about your behavior. Like I said, check the server logs.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 02:26:38 pm by Paniolo808 »
"We can say that Maud'Dib learned rapidly because his first training was in how to learn. And the first lesson of all was the basic trust that he could learn."

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 06:40:22 pm »
Fyi revenge tks are not allowed and this should be reported to any admin on duty.  If there was no admin at the time then this board is the right place to post.  Trolling is also not allowed however.  I'll warn ptk and this counts as a global warning for you too.  Most likely you were instigating this by punching people and trolling like ptk's screenshot shows and your own posts backing him up.  I'll count this as a warning to both of you.  If you keep trolling/leeching while admins are on you'll get kicked more and warned less.  If PTK revenge tks again he'll get kicked as well but I don't think this justifies a perm ban.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 01:24:18 am »
Fyi revenge tks are not allowed and this should be reported to any admin on duty.  If there was no admin at the time then this board is the right place to post.  Trolling is also not allowed however.  I'll warn ptk and this counts as a global warning for you too.  Most likely you were instigating this by punching people and trolling like ptk's screenshot shows and your own posts backing him up.  I'll count this as a warning to both of you.  If you keep trolling/leeching while admins are on you'll get kicked more and warned less.  If PTK revenge tks again he'll get kicked as well but I don't think this justifies a perm ban.

The TK from his post earlier was an accident.

He took that screenshot after I had gained 6 levels.  Pretty obvious he was looking for something to try and come back at me with in this thread.

There was no revenge tks from me.  None from him either.  Just him plainly walking up to me and killing me right at the beginning of the round.

I am not trolling at all.  I wouldn't waste what little time I have posting all of this.  I still have no idea why I was warned.  Most of everything he said was a complete lie.

Pretty unfortunate how a clan tag prevents justice from being served.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:25:59 am by EyeBeatWomen »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 09:32:58 am »
Pretty unfortunate how a clan tag prevents justice from being served.  Oh well.

Yeah!  So sad when being and acting like a goon gets you treated like a goon.... owait.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 11:53:43 am »
Yeah!  So sad when being and acting like a goon gets you treated like a goon.... owait.

Uh yeah... but I never act like that on the NA servers.  Let alone any servers.

In fact you act like a goon more than I do.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:00:08 pm by EyeBeatWomen »

Offline Rangerbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rangerbob
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 05:28:24 pm »
This case is resolved.  Eye doesn't help his case because of var's resulting screenshot, eye's own name, and the fact that he only has one screenshot of him dead on the ground.  If it was a chronic problem such as a repeated tk then yes var gets a ban but its a 1 time thing + other issues mean this comes off as a warning to both of you.  1 for revenge tking and 1 for trolling.  It's suspect in eye's screenshot and the resulting one ptk posted that eye was initially trolling/harassing players.

Either way I don't think you guys should care since the only way this affects you is if you plan on screwing around again.

On a side note I have played with eye and have not had any problems with him so yea he has a shitty clan tag and name but has not cause me personally any problems.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 05:35:10 pm by Rangerbob »