Author Topic: War Bow stats.  (Read 856 times)

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
War Bow stats.
« on: June 25, 2011, 05:40:08 pm »
Hello, I'm just wondering if there will be any sort of fixing on the warbow.

It's the most expensive bow, uses 2 slots of the inventory and has cut damage...

Everybody uses longbow for its ubber pierce damage (p.e. I witnessed a longbower 1 shooting heavy armored targets, yes, pretty lame) and strongbow for its high damage, speed and 1 slot only, meaning you can actually have a decent melee weapon. On the warbow by the time I actually take down a target with my MW warbow, when i had MW strongbow i would have killed twice the targets.

Don't take this thread only as a desperate cry for some item balancing around warbow (as if the looks weren't bad enough) but the need it actually has for stat tweaking, cause it either needs a 1 slot only job (Yumi bows were used by horse archers also), or some damage type change.

Cheers.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: War Bow stats.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 05:41:38 pm »
Hmm, I am all for a 1 point damage reduction for the longbow, and perhaps either a small velocity increase for the warbow or a small increase in draw speed.

Maybe increase the velocity and drawspeed of the warbow but slightly reduce the accuracy?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 08:44:45 pm »
I wouldn't touch the other bows becouse to me it seems that they are pretty well balanced, I would add +1 damage to the warbow OR +2 speed, so that it could be a good alternative to the longbow

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 10:12:48 am »
From what I've seen, the deadliest archers (that's not saying much, relatively speaking) on NA are almost exclusively strong bow.

On EU servers, I see a few more longbowmen, but much of the same. Warbow users are always somewhere in the middle, almost never on top.

If warbow needs a boost, I'd say it's just a small one. A speed boost, at that, as its damage is suitable for its purpose in the speed vs. damage debate between the 3 main bows.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Socrates

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Philosophy is a way of life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ascended Order
  • Game nicks: Socrates
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 10:20:14 am »
Agree with Garem. We see Strong Bows dominate the archer seen due to being 1-slot and more versatile than the the higher-tier bows. Even with a 3+ heirloom on them even makes them a more better choice.
The act of justice is not determined by the state.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 12:18:12 pm »
Agree with Garem. We see Strong Bows dominate the archer seen due to being 1-slot and more versatile than the the higher-tier bows. Even with a 3+ heirloom on them even makes them a more better choice.

We have some high armor people on EU that makes the strongbow quite useless (taking 10+ arrows for one guy is... meh...) Good variety in eu actually, strongbow, warbow and longbow are all used by foot archers, each with it's own strength and weakness.

Looking at plain stats, warbow is the good choice to deal with horses, imo.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 12:47:43 pm »
nerf all bows
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 02:56:59 pm »
From what I've seen, the deadliest archers (that's not saying much, relatively speaking) on NA are almost exclusively strong bow.

On EU servers, I see a few more longbowmen, but much of the same. Warbow users are always somewhere in the middle, almost never on top.

If warbow needs a boost, I'd say it's just a small one. A speed boost, at that, as its damage is suitable for its purpose in the speed vs. damage debate between the 3 main bows.

The damage difference between strong bow and war bow isn't that noticeable while playing tbh (both cut damage), and the fact that strong bow has 1 slot, makes it the right choice between them both, cause you can carry either 2 stacks of arrows and a decent melee weapon, or even 3 stacks of arrows.

At the moment there is no reason to pick up a war bow comparing to the other 2 bows.

If you want to be deadly in close / medium range, carry a good melee weapon or 3 stacks of arrows, or even be able to be a Horse Archer with it, you pick up a Strong Bow.

If you want to be effin' OP one shotting like a prick and killing tincans with 2 arrows at even long range distances due to high pierce damage, you pick up a Long Bow.

Where does the War Bow come in? No place it seems, who cares about a 2 slotted bow with cut damage...

I'll keep bumping this thread cause I'm still waiting for a feedback from a Dev or an Item Balancer to see if War Bow will actually get any role in this game, cause at the moment it has none, and the funny fact, is that it's the most expensive one..

Cheers.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 03:03:05 pm »
Just change the item price and put it at 8.9k then.  :rolleyes:
On another note, compare an heirloomed warbow to an heirloomed strongbow, and you'll see that it's definitely not too bad.
Decent speed, you can compete with strongbow.
High damage (high base damage + wpf), you can actually two shot an archer.
2 more missile speed : Easier curve shooting, less drop.

I agree its price is too expensive though, put it at the same price as the longbow, and you'll see more archers with it already. Thing is with  base damage change, is that archery gets good bonus from PD (?) and wpf. So +1 base can actually become a +2/+3, wich starts making it a bit too better ?

Touching base stats can pretty much imbalance it, so changing price cost/upkeep can be a way to deal with it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 03:08:25 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 09:08:26 am »
I wouldn't touch the other bows becouse to me it seems that they are pretty well balanced, I would add +1 damage to the warbow OR +2 speed, so that it could be a good alternative to the longbow

its already fast enough it doesn't need a speed boost, I get killed faster bye the warbow then the longbow so I don't see what the problem is 
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 01:39:35 am »
Wow, I don't think you guys have ever compared the warbow and longbow ingame. It's just ridiculous what you write.

The only bow that could need a change is the warbow, but not a buff, it needs a small nerf. either damage or speed.
I compared my MW longbow to a normal warbow and I'm get the same amount of kills with the warbow as with the longbow because the warbow is just too fast and the cutdmg is very effective against light armour. So stop the whining about bows. Leave them as they are.

Concentrate on important things, like nerfing HAs and melee cav. And maybe the arbalest

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 01:49:12 am »
theres no reason to take warbow over longbow, its like taking a broad 1h battle axe over steel pick when fighting a 2h that isnt 100% naked