7 (13%)
Reduce WPF points from leveling and increase from WM
14 (25.9%)
Keep it how it is
23 (42.6%)
I hate gay cowboys
10 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Remove/Reduce WPF points gained from leveling up.  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Remove/Reduce WPF points gained from leveling up.
« on: May 05, 2011, 05:44:06 am »
Unless you are a hybrid wanting to specialize in 2 separate weapon proficiencies, or a pure archer trying to get high accuracy, WM is actually a pretty useless skill right now. This is because of new wpf formula makes it virtually obsolete since you get enough wpf points from leveling.

lvl 31 comparisons using calc.

0 wm 118 wpf
1 wm 120 wpf
2 wm 126 wpf
3 wm 133 wpf
4 wm 141 wpf
5 wm 149 wpf
6 wm 157 wpf
7 wm 165 wpf
8 wm 178 wpf
9 wm 182 wpf
10 wm 191 wpf

so yeah while wm might be great when your a peasant in the endgame it does very little. I mean is less than 10 more WP really worth going 3 more agility for? is it even worth 1 skill point? not really. face the facts, only point going agility is for movement speed bonus or shield/riding, since wltf4's testing suggestions agility does not actually increase swing speed.

people are already capitalizing on this imbalance by making low agility, high strength builds, and more will be after reading this thread. so my suggestion is simply to remove or at least greatly reduce the wpf points gained passively from leveling up. and balance this by increasing the amount of wpf points given from weapon master.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
Re: Remove/Reduce WPF points gained from leveling up.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 05:47:23 pm »
Yeah I changed the poll a bit

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 12:47:43 pm »
What is the problem with your way of interpreting. the increase is pretty damn fuckin linear.
So telling it is great when your peasant and no usefull when you have high weapon master is a lie
Unlike you, i made a model.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So with only 1% mistake error
wpf(t)=8.10*weaponmaster + 110

8.10 +- 0.44
and 110 +- 3

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 12:52:32 am »
people are already capitalizing on this imbalance by making low agility, high strength builds, and more will be after reading this thread. so my suggestion is simply to remove or at least greatly reduce the wpf points gained passively from leveling up. and balance this by increasing the amount of wpf points given from weapon master.
These threads keep poping up.

1) do not underestimate the contribution of agi to movement speed regardless of athletics.
2) shielders still need it for the shield skill.
3) do not overload the WM skill and make it a must have - it is meant as a wpp boost, not the only wpp source.

If your problem is the low benefit of agility to non-shielder builds, then attack the problem at the source using a pre-exisint solution:
Give wpp per agility raised point
Yes this is how it works in the singleplayer game: one gets 15 wpp per agility increase. Then you can lower the wpp gained per level. 42/3 will gave the wpf in their weapon of choice as a well trained peasant. WM stays as an optional skill for those who need more wpp like hybrids and low agi builds. The balance should be that 9 agi + 3 WM given enough wpf to raise one category to 120ish.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:53:37 am by MouthnHoof »

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 01:25:38 am »
These threads keep poping up.

1) do not underestimate the contribution of agi to movement speed regardless of athletics.
2) shielders still need it for the shield skill.
3) do not overload the WM skill and make it a must have - it is meant as a wpp boost, not the only wpp source.

If your problem is the low benefit of agility to non-shielder builds, then attack the problem at the source using a pre-exisint solution:
Give wpp per agility raised point
Yes this is how it works in the singleplayer game: one gets 15 wpp per agility increase. Then you can lower the wpp gained per level. 42/3 will gave the wpf in their weapon of choice as a well trained peasant. WM stays as an optional skill for those who need more wpp like hybrids and low agi builds. The balance should be that 9 agi + 3 WM given enough wpf to raise one category to 120ish.

I agree with you but 9 Agi and 3 WM should allow you to get to 100-110 max
The model of switching general wpf to agi-wpf is ok.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 03:17:11 am »
No cause I go 15/30 and I cant afford to put anything into wpf for a very long time :)
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 03:29:32 am »
Its a good point as my 36 strength 3 agility polearm gets to have 116 WPP polearm at level 30 and a 21 15 shielder gets to have 148 1h at 30

and say a 15 str 24 agi I think ends up with say 167ish(can't remember, my high agi "The_Last_Spamurai" had 15 strength 27 agi @ lv 30  I think had high 170 wpp, can't remember atm

(that was after the develepor removed generational wpp carryover

(which is the system we still have now for agi/wpp gain but with about 3 rounds of 2h nerfs)
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!