Author Topic: I need a walkthrough on this  (Read 979 times)

Offline UltraZerk

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I need a walkthrough on this
« on: June 20, 2011, 02:25:01 am »
I've recently moved to a new apartment, however I downloaded and played my new version of M&B along with c-rpg at the old apartment.  I also made a main character at this old apartment; then I went to my new apartment and everything seemed fine. 

However, when I returned to my old apartment to try and make a main character there "using the old M&B steam account and game key (I never had a main there)" I found I could not make a main character.  "Odd" I thought because I figured that now that I have 2 completely different versions of the game I should be able to have 2 different main characters.  Did I make a mistake by making my new character and logging him into the C-rpg website from the old location?

What are the fixes for this?  Do I have to delete this character that I've now spent so much time on?  Your help is appreciated. 

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: I need a walkthrough on this
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 02:34:33 am »
Well, I think you already know that characters are tied to keys. So you're saying you have two Warband installations on two different computers using two different keys?

If that's the case, what exactly is the problem? You have two sets of characters but you can't pick a main on the other one, or you can only use one set of characters?
Don't.

Offline UltraZerk

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 03:25:38 am »
I have two sets of characters and I can't pick a main on the old version; basically the c-rpg website is treating the two sets of characters as one due to the fact that i've installed both Warbands in the same location.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 03:27:31 am by UltraZerk »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 03:50:49 am »
if you had warband on steam, why would you rebuy the game?
sounds like alot of user error

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 11:23:27 am »
I have two sets of characters and I can't pick a main on the old version; basically the c-rpg website is treating the two sets of characters as one due to the fact that i've installed both Warbands in the same location.

That sounds like you're only using one computer, then. I don't think you can simultaneously have two keys in use on one machine, you need to edit the Warband key registry entry to swap between them.

More info about that here: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2779.0.html
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 11:24:58 am by okiN »
Don't.

Offline UltraZerk

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 12:51:21 am »
if you had warband on steam, why would you rebuy the game?
sounds like alot of user error

Wow, you are fail troll.  I never owned warband before, this is my first copy.  Doesn't mean I haven't played before.

Thank you for your help Okin, I will try your suggestions. 

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 04:31:03 am »

Wow, you are fail troll.  I never owned warband before, this is my first copy.  Doesn't mean I haven't played before.

Thank you for your help Okin, I will try your suggestions.

wow you are a fail poster.  noone has a fucking clue how to write and convey information to other people.  you should spend more time in school and less trying to play games (which clearly is more than you can handle, obviously)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 04:59:08 am by Digglez »