Author Topic: Alternate Development Strategy/Suggestions for grandeur  (Read 469 times)

Offline ITHROWSHIT

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Alternate Development Strategy/Suggestions for grandeur
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:31:18 am »
I need to repost this because im concerned about the mod's current path to monotony.
This mod has incredible potential if we can stop nerfing everyhing! the game is fun because it is highly lethal! the realism is its strength, and the prospect of becoming ultra powerful makes it addicting.

when i started playing, some players could become invincible superheros. ok, cool, awesome, this games rad! what? why are people complaining? teams would rally behind their leader and fear their nemesis, it was fun!

formula: Impossible lethality + prospect of gaining an unfair advantage = successful online game

current events: toy weapons (safe for our younger players) + relentless stat balancing = ok im getting over it

I PROPOSE AN ALTERNATE DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY: IF YOU THINK SOMETHING IS OVERPOWERED, INSTEAD OF NERFING IT YOU SHOULD BUFF EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT TO REACH LEVEL 80 AND BLOW PEOPLE 30 FEET ACROSS THE MAP IN ONE SWING TO DIE FROM FALLING DAMAGE! I WANT TO FIRE 6 ARROWS AT ONCE THAT KNOCK PEOPLE DOWN! I WANT TO THROW LANCES THROUGH MULTIPLE PEOPLE AND PIN THEIR RAGDOLLS TO THE WALL! I WANT TO USE SIEGE LADDERS AS A 2H CLUB!!!!!!!! soo much potential.....

why do you have to work just to build up to average level? its no longer possible to be an elite character, so why is there any RPG element to it at all? I only ever had a problem with unrealist technical things like gauntlets reloading xbows, or wearing leather armor and being outrun by tincans, or 5 arrows breaking my shields, or dieing from a xbow bolt to the hand. besides those things, the game had no problems before the patch.

to recap, proposed changes/features:
  • Remove soft and hard caps, all of them.
  • return heirloom wpf bonus and possibly add gold bonus
  • return arrows to pierce damage
  • add fire arrows and fix firebombs
  • allow people to catch on fire and run wildly screaming
  • make stronger shields incapable of breaking. shield damage is your grip, it regenerates with time, and you can pick the shield back up after it "breaks"
  • implement stamina system to keep spamming in check
  • allow feigning death
  • make weight penalties a significant factor in the game (wpf -= weight*10, and/or athletics -= weight/5)
  • make all weapons capable of knockdown
  • location damage to differentiate the heart and the arms/hands
  • decapitation/severing limbs
  • shields no longer take damage from arrows, but can still be pierced by powerful enough shots
  • charged shots, hold it down to gain your powerdraw/powerstrike/powerthrow bonus
  • xbows cannot be reloaded while wearing guantlets ( or reloadtime *= hand armor)
  • allow chamber blocking projectiles
  • allow projectiles to pierce through one person and strike another (at reduced power ofc)
  • striking multiple people in one swing/blowing people across the map
  • at high enough strength, powerthrow, powerdraw, allow any object to be 2h/shield/thrown/an arrow
  • held siege shields
  • firing of multiple arrows at once/ throwing multiple ninja stars
  • allow throwing swords
  • rocket weapons (fireworks, chinese landmines, bees nest arrow launcher, rocket swords)
  • horses that breathe fire
  • agility increase jump height/allow acrobatics (triple flips with sword out, think of a saw blade)
  • enable martial arts (jump/spinning kicks)
  • strong enough players can smash down walls like a catapult
  • siege mode: high powerthrow can throw people over walls
  • deployable ballistas
  • map based defensive weapons (ignitable hay bales, triggerable avalanches, boiling oil)
  • at full health your sword shoots out an energy sword when you swing

what else you guys got?