Author Topic: Suggestion about Alts  (Read 291 times)

Offline Gondemar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Torayama clan, Ninja, ex-Shogunate, ex-Pecores
  • Game nicks: Torayama_Munemori (main) ; Satsujin_the_Unseen ; Gondemar_the_Fat
Suggestion about Alts
« on: June 10, 2011, 04:55:04 am »
Alts are still usefull, to try new builds, but still, I'm finding them to be kinda let behind, with the new market, and the coming of Strategus.
I was thinking : that it would be a good thing to allow our time invested in those characters not to be wasted, if we decide it was not worth it and we don't play this alt anymore :
You could get an option on your Alts that deletes it and :
- gives your main character half of its XP and gold
- gives your main character (gen-1) heirloom points (now that this is coded... If ppl have retired Alts)
> You lose the stuff but can sell it back before deleting the alt. You get back 1/4 of its original value on your main character.
> You don't lose all the time invested in it, yet you don't get back enough to allow abooze

Just a proposition, but still, that might be usefull to some players, and kinda fait if you consider the time we put in this game.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:57:54 am by Gondemar »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Way of the Samurai is found in death ; Torayama Clan
                          Munemori's armory

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Suggestion about Alts
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 01:18:59 pm »
Sorry to say this, but : No.
I do not think this should be allowed. If you wanted to spend more time on main, you should have. When you get bored, you go level up an alt, that is fine. But what would not be so fine is the possibility of transfer your time invested on one char to another char. I do not see any reasoning for this. Only somewhat tolerable (atleast for me) would be the gold transfer, as it is a bi*ch to fund newly made xbower or horserider. XP, generations, looms (with exception to trading, ofc) should stay on the char on which you got them.

I do have alts, but i started both of them after the generation xp bonus nerf, as now i am forced to have alt if i want to play different spec and cannot just rush retirement again.