• Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Radek_The_Grey
Gold
« on: June 01, 2011, 10:20:58 pm »
I wanted to ask because I recently wrote that not make financially and some guy wrote me that I need to collect the full value of the armor in my case is 60 k.
I wanted to ask if I will actually earn
file:///C:/Users/daro/Downloads/gosig.png

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Gold
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 11:21:16 pm »
I wanted to ask because I recently wrote that not make financially and some guy wrote me that I need to collect the full value of the armor in my case is 60 k.
I wanted to ask if I will actually earn

Anyone using gear past 40K (base cost not counting the inflated cost with heirlooms) is almost guaranteed to lose more gold then gain it unless you stack banner balance or are lucky or are rather good (I am talking about average skilled players). Maybe I should bump this to a 45K number?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:44:46 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 11:46:31 pm »
Anyone using gear past 40K is almost guaranteed to lose more gold then gain it.

interesting statement, but false.

I have been consistently using gear worth around 47k and not losing gold (keeping it steady)

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 12:09:07 am »
71,294 gold gear load-out and still making a profit...   :twisted: but maybe that's just me getting lucky and banner balance helping out... or maybe it's tactics. who knows... :rolleyes:

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:14:13 am »
71,294 gold gear load-out and still making a profit...   :twisted: but maybe that's just me getting lucky and banner balance helping out... or maybe it's tactics. who knows... :rolleyes:

nah... i dont think thats it.... you've probably just been lucky all the time during the last 10 months :D

no, wait; HACKZ!

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 12:42:42 am »
Or u can do like us normal folks and just grind gold and then u can wear all the fun stuff for a few rounds before upkeep comes and ruins the fun  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 12:46:24 am »

Yeah, I have seen you play, and not only might I ask if that is the base cost or is that the heirloom cost, but I also have to point out that you win a lot more rounds then you lose at least from what I have seen.

I edited my first post for clarity aimed at average players, not the notable exceptions.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 12:51:03 am »

The figure on the website shows the gold amount based on your heirlooms, but for upkeep purposes it doesn't matter if your gear is heirloomed or not.  So on the website my gear loadout (also in game) might say 56K, but if you look at the purchase price of each item its actually a little under 30K.  I think if the purchase price of each item you have and added that together your figure would probably be 22-25K less, which would put it on par with what other people were saying above or their loadout.

The average player averages roughly a x2 (lot of x1, fewer x2, less x3, etc. up to x5), which breaks even at 50K loadout.  So yes you actually should be breaking even or making a small amount of moneya t a 45K loadout.  Plus if you happen to be part of a a good clan with banner balance leading to more consistent winning (*cough*mercs*cough*) you can probably average somewhere between x2 to x3 and be able to support 50 to 75K worth of gear.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:52:07 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 01:00:34 am »
my 50k is not the heirloom price (checked the purchase price), and 50k is just over what i can afford (except when i have x1 streaks with horse repair - just lost 8k in 10 min playing against al_adin :D)

Offline Belhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 05:10:12 am »
I can usually make money in gear up to about 40k. Once I break out the Plate and Great though my money starts to dip.

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 05:37:34 am »

Game admin huh?
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline Lobster

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Lobster
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 07:05:54 pm »

Dfinitely not tactics........
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Offline Visus

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • TripSteppin'.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Visus_of_Chaos
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 02:58:05 pm »
People say 40k but I'm not so sure... I actually hold steady around 30k gear. This may be because I always get put on the team with less players though (my favorite was the 12 vs. 24)
الايرلندي ليوبارد