Author Topic: About time for a map rotation  (Read 414 times)

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
About time for a map rotation
« on: July 07, 2018, 11:35:29 pm »
+3
cRPG is doing well lately with 20-30 people on each night pretty consistently and I think everyone would appreciate if we changed up the rotation and brought back some old classic maps.

I don't remember their names but some of my favorite memories of the mod are playing on that giant bridge with the gap in the desert or the trade caravan ambushed by the river.

Just a thought!

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: About time for a map rotation
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 12:04:58 am »
+2
Yes, the two desert islands with a bridge was great. If I remember right, the map name is Chasm. The other one is probably ambush_on_a_caravan, something like that.

There's one ATS map that works really well with lower server population. it's something like ATS_city_revolt or something like that. The map is one street filled with barricades, and there's a side path through an underground sewer. It's compact with a unique layout so it doesn't feel like another small village map from native. I wish there was an easy to navigate database of maps with screenshots for all of them, so players could vote on what they want.

It's very late into crpg's life to consider such a project, but we really do need a change of maps. There's too many on the current rotation that are meant for 30v30 or more and they are way too big. Some of the current maps are good, but it could use another pass by a developer or balancer or something.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 12:06:18 am »
Yeah some eu guy did the current rotation and made some pretty odd choices. I agree it needs an update.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 11:47:22 am »
+1
do u guys havesame rotation as EU?  cause we had a rotation change back when there was a spark of life in EU. 
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 08:38:17 pm »
do u guys havesame rotation as EU?  cause we had a rotation change back when there was a spark of life in EU.

I think they are the same atm yes. Iirc athelar(i think that was his name) changed them some months ago.