0 (0%)
PUBG
2 (9.5%)
CSGO
2 (9.5%)
CRPG
16 (76.2%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Current Best Shooter Games Out There?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Current Best Shooter Games Out There?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 05:06:49 pm »
+2
Can you go a bit more into detail regarding Tarkov? Genuinely interested. How grindy is it for example? Heard it's pretty "hardcore", but does that mean the mechanics are hard, or is it fairly time investement based?
It's not really grindy at all per se. You "grind" to level up traders by doing tasks for them and some skills that go up passively with use. But a good source of the best gear is killing other players, and you can do that from the get go. And of course you can "grind" to hoard stuff in your stash, but all you need is one gun.

So not time invested based at all. You can play two minutes (by doing a quick raid in the smallest CQB map) or as long as you want per session. I think "hardcore" is a term that doesn't really hold any meaning. It's not casualized console garbage, and you lose everything you're wearing when you die, so it can be punishing, but that also makes it rewarding when you don't die. They aim for realism in most things.

The game isn't without its issues right now, and you will get frustrated at it sometimes because of bugs or the occasional desync, but for me the positives far outweigh the negatives. The devs are also very active and release a ton of patches. A good computer is also necessary, two of the current four maps (fifth will be released in a few weeks https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/50492-new-interchange-screenshots/) are pretty unoptimized atm and 60-70 FPS is the best you're likely to get on those, though 60 FPS in Tarkov for some reason feels like 120 FPS in PUBG.

And the planned release is end of this year, but I don't really care when it releases, it's already one of the best games I've played in its current state. The gunplay is probably the best out of any game I've played, as is the movement system (actually has weight and is realistic but doesn't feel floaty and imprecise like PUBG or Arma).

Featured, me adopting an ungeared player and then misclicking in the end:
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.