Author Topic: Polearms  (Read 1215 times)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
Polearms
« on: May 29, 2011, 11:21:06 am »
could we please put the stun only on blunt weapons polearm? i don't understand why is it on cut weapons
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:50:22 pm by darmaster »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: Polearms
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 12:34:18 pm »
Imafraid its hardcoded

but if they where to lower the weight of the fast polearms the stun might not occur that often if ever..

Should be done to prevent chainstun imo.

And btw im a polearm user myself and i must admit that its rather retarded how easy it is to score a kill just because my opponent cant block or fight back due to the stun  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:35:20 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 12:47:14 pm »
Im a polearm user and i have to admit that stun = pointless bullshit.That's a feature to balance polearms against 2handers since 2h attack animation has a huge advantage against polearm but idk there could be some other ways to balance those i think.
(Only TaleWorlds dev team can solve this shit i think also.)

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 04:22:26 pm »
Im a polearm user and i have to admit that stun = pointless bullshit.That's a feature to balance polearms against 2handers since 2h attack animation has a huge advantage against polearm but idk there could be some other ways to balance those i think.

+1

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 04:50:26 pm »

also a polearm user here, and I too agree with this. Fortunately, the polearm stun only really becomes an issue if with the super fast polearms. Most other polearms are slowed down enough that this is annoying, but not game-breaking.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 05:00:43 pm »
Also the stun doesnt occur all the time. I have actually never seen a polearm user striking and striking and striking without the other player being able to strike back. However, I have seen ninja sword users do so.

Imo this "polearm stun" should be removed, and if they are unbalanced compared to 2handers then, just buff their speed a little. However, only the taleworlds people can fix this.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 09:59:39 am »
It was introduced when trying to balance spears for native. It was never meant for the powerful poleaxes and stuff we have in cRPG. Spears have problems with the M&B engine that cannot simulate proper spear usage. In beta it was clear that giving spears high swing damage is unbalancing and giving it low damage meant opponents will hold block down and run to face hug them. So Taleworlds decided that at least the spears will be able to defend themselves a bit better and open a distance if the opponent cannot strike back. That was for 2H SPEARS because native does not have high damage and fast swinging polearms except for the glaive and later the long axe that everybody used in 2H mode anyway.

By the way, other attempts in beta included giving spears an ability to knock down on leg hits, but that never really caught on. I would have loved that.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:01:07 am by MouthnHoof »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 11:49:34 am »
well we could always start a thread on taleworlds forums and get like 500 crpg players to sign a petition

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: MaHuD, Darth_InVader, Hired_Blade, Hinzerhaus
  • IRC nick: MaHuD
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 12:44:52 pm »
Post on the bugtrucker as a suggestion and have everyone sign it there, that should work.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 01:00:26 pm »
Yep, polestun is stupid. I sometimes delay my hit after a stun just to be nice  8-)
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 01:41:30 pm »
I have to agree, that stun is a bit all over the place.

Also, I'm not biased towards polearms, but I use the Elegant Poleaxe since July, and in duels the stun can give you just enough time to go for the killing blow.

Maybe I'm alone with this, but most of the time when I see the stun, (In the heat of a duel it's not working all the time, sob) I either move back, or just feint that "could kill you" attack.

Dunno if we ever see something happen about this though.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 12:38:41 am »
Also the stun doesnt occur all the time. I have actually never seen a polearm user striking and striking and striking without the other player being able to strike back. However, I have seen ninja sword users do so.

Imo this "polearm stun" should be removed, and if they are unbalanced compared to 2handers then, just buff their speed a little. However, only the taleworlds people can fix this.

Happened to me a couple nights ago. Stunlocked by a slash from a polearm, 3 hits in a row. I kept wondering why in the hell my block wasn't working, then noticed my toon stunned after each blow.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 03:31:38 pm »
Polearm stun is one of the key features of this game that keeps plate users from being an unkillable hero unit (now they're just a really tough hero unit).

Vs. Plate user + Your Hoplites: Hoplites circle, wait for a swing and stab stun, other melee attacks during stun and this has to be repeated multiple times as I've seen many plate users take upwards of 15 different solid connected swings before dropping.

Vs. Plate user without polerarm: People drop left and right as the sword swings like a divine wind. People get good stabs in, but since nothing but a heavy 2her is going to do anything approaching stun, the hero simply laughs and continues his murderous rampage.

Unless you want nothing but plate users casually strolling through the rest of the server population you should think twice about removing polearm stun.