Author Topic: thrust-->slash bug?  (Read 1132 times)

Offline killnaboy

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
thrust-->slash bug?
« on: June 03, 2011, 09:24:12 am »
Last day I tked (I'm sorry) someone because of something strange. My 2handed sword was pointed for a thrust attack like I wanted it to be, but when I released the mouse button it did a slash attack!! very fast! Did I do something wrong? Anyone knows what it is? I'm using a danisch greatsword.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 02:16:26 pm by killnaboy »

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: trust-->slash bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 10:07:11 am »
If it only happened once, you ought to let it go.  A bug needs to be repeatable for it to be a problem, let a lone a fixable one.

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: MaHuD, Darth_InVader, Hired_Blade, Hinzerhaus
  • IRC nick: MaHuD
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:11:19 am »
It's a bug from Native.

Same goes for blocking, on your screen you can be blocking down, but for all the others you blocking left or w/e.

Nothing you can do about it.

edit:

Basicly, you are out of Sync with the server.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:13:34 am by MaHuD »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 10:12:59 am »
It happens when the sync between the server and you isn't perfect. Your computer thinks you have a thrust attack ready, but the server somehow thinks you have a slash ready. While you hold the attack the problem doesn't solve itself because no more info is sent. When you release the attack the info is sent and the server lets your computer know that the attack prepared was a swing so your computer does a swing attack.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 10:46:28 am »
It happened to me as well, several times. I even tried to repeat it, thinking that I have unintentionally discovered new cool move.  :D
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline killnaboy

• Noble
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:56:55 am »
thanks, it doesn't happen often, so no problem. And it is a cool move!  :)

Offline Mamba

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mamba
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 01:35:55 pm »
I have that too, sometimes. Thankfully it only happens rarely and for others it may even be those "bugged" blocks where they think they block but in real the attack comes from another direction.
And its not a very realistic cool move in my opinion, because you can't swing a weapon from left to right and splitsecond after you pull it back and thrust.

Oh no offense but its thrust, trust is something else ;)

Offline Soap

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: thrust-->slash bug?
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 06:05:24 pm »
I have the same problem. Thanks for the explanations :)

Offline Quallen

• Noble
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_Quallen
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 06:42:29 pm »
As several have mentioned its an issue where your clients animation is out of sync with the server. On your average server I'd say its very rare but I've noticed on laggy (i don't mean ping, i mean packet lossy) servers like NA siege it happens alot more frequently.   Between the banner bug (teammates banner isn't showing) and out of sync animations the occasional TK is just gonna happen. All you can do is apologize, laugh to yourself, and keep going.

For me holding one swing and having another pop out is the least common manifestation of desync.  Equally rare is for an enemy to appear to be blocking and then all of a sudden the weapon pops into an attack animation thats already half way done. Most commonly you'll be holding the correct block direction but the enemys weapon sails straight through it. Alternatively the block on your client will be wrong but will snap into the correct animation upon the block sound playing.

Annoying sure but its so infrequent its not a big deal (as fun as it is to have to get friend or foe confirmation over vent i find banner bug infinitely more annoying.)

Offline Sammael

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SammaeI
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 06:52:50 pm »
It may look cool on your screen, but it won't appear this way for anyone else. They will see you holding the correct direction initially, so the insta change will not be seen by your enemy, sadly.