Poll

Wipe Gold?

ya
11 (26.8%)
na
30 (73.2%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Idea - How to fix a problem  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
Re: Idea - How to fix a problem
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2017, 12:29:10 am »
+1
Looms should most likely never be touched. However, lowering the gold by a percentage might not be such an awful idea, if the old armor soak system were to be returned. Gold is no longer a scarce resource at all; this means that there is no incentive for competition anymore. Everyone has millions of gold, and most people have enough looms for at least a full set of gear. Getting a +5 used to be something that mattered - it gave people a reason to actually take winning rounds seriously. I don't think anyone would question that the temperament of NA_1 (I don't think this is true for EU) is less than serious. The game will live on even if the gold is completely left alone, and doing a gold wipe/reduction is a risky move since we *JUST* got the game back alive again; but I personally wouldn't mind losing my gold to see the battle servers become competitive again - imagine plate armor actually being a resource you choose to use carefully.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2017, 01:52:51 am »
+1
Looms should most likely never be touched. However, lowering the gold by a percentage might not be such an awful idea, if the old armor soak system were to be returned. Gold is no longer a scarce resource at all; this means that there is no incentive for competition anymore. Everyone has millions of gold, and most people have enough looms for at least a full set of gear. Getting a +5 used to be something that mattered - it gave people a reason to actually take winning rounds seriously. I don't think anyone would question that the temperament of NA_1 (I don't think this is true for EU) is less than serious. The game will live on even if the gold is completely left alone, and doing a gold wipe/reduction is a risky move since we *JUST* got the game back alive again; but I personally wouldn't mind losing my gold to see the battle servers become competitive again - imagine plate armor actually being a resource you choose to use carefully.

Considering archers pay already less upkeep because of their lighter armor, they'd be able to spawn their ranged items without being affected in any way. However, infantry would get rekt so badly without the shitton of armor I can't even imagine it.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 05:14:00 am »
+1
Considering archers pay already less upkeep because of their lighter armor, they'd be able to spawn their ranged items without being affected in any way. However, infantry would get rekt so badly without the shitton of armor I can't even imagine it.

Still not as bad as native.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2017, 05:28:00 am »
+4
you really oughta consider becoming an alcoholic.
On it.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.