Author Topic: BattleTech  (Read 860 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
BattleTech
« on: April 24, 2018, 04:03:43 pm »
+1

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: BattleTech
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 04:27:30 pm »
+2
It's turn based, not rts. But yes looks interesting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 06:08:12 pm »
Yeah, i dunno how i feel about this being a turn-based game. Man, I want a MechCommander 3...

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 08:58:06 pm »
Yeah, i dunno how i feel about this being a turn-based game. Man, I want a MechCommander 3...

Well Battletech IS a turn based game, it was a turn based board game first and foremost before any of these games were made. TBH it would be shit if it was a RTS and we already have Mechwarrior Online to scratch the other itch. EDIT: But that doesn't mean the game is actually any good lol
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:01:33 pm by Leesin »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 09:19:19 am »
It's turn based

ah yes you are right, like the UFO/X-COM games, thats even better! :D

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 06:48:22 am »
+1
i was really pissed when i got it because i spent like 2 hours trying to get the thing to run, only to realize that Comodo (snowflake browser) apparently installed some shitty cloud antivirus thing blocking the .exe and didn't notify me

honestly now that i have been able to play, its pretty good. i am almost never a fan of turn-based games, myself. the only one i ever put tons of hours into was Jagged Alliance 2, really autistic merc simulator from like 1999. shit's still actively modded too, wicked.

anyway, i dig the management aspects decently. i find the turn-based combat to be good; although i've had a nerdboner over battletech since age 10 so i can easily "picture" really cool shit going on in my head to take the place of the pretty sub-par graphics. seems that turn-based games need some degree of imagination, or maybe i'm just full of it.

i think some people might be in uproar due to the (both major, minor, and merc) character cast being almost entirely of ambiguous brown ethnicity with both sexes quite androgynous but males especially so. i haven't seen a character with blonde hair yet lmao. i think i've had 4-5 different brown pixie-cut tomboys driving mechs at various points tho. that kinda stuff doesn't bother me, i think its fucking funny. also there is literally an option to choose he/she/they as your character's pronouns, ahahah
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?