Author Topic: Economy/trading/business games  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Economy/trading/business games
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 09:15:27 am »
I felt like giving this a go. Any pointers on what release to play? Vanilla, pirates or renaissance? I have the GOG version, are there any must-have mods?

Renaissance, I would say. I didn't mod it though.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 07:08:44 pm »
Definately Renaissance. Guild 2 is quite a broken and buggy game. Renaissance has the most recent fixes and has all the content of the others, plus some of its own. It will still be horribly buggy thou, despite the fixes.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 04:14:09 am »
Definately Renaissance. Guild 2 is quite a broken and buggy game. Renaissance has the most recent fixes and has all the content of the others, plus some of its own. It will still be horribly buggy thou, despite the fixes.

Really? Last time I checked Renaissance was the broken and buggy one. That said even if I'm correct, Renaissance has a lot more stuff added to it which makes the game more interesting overtime. I remember after hearing the nerds I played with also had a the guild, we started using Hamachi and then later evolve to play the shit out of it. I can't wait for the Guild 3. Really it nice to hope for something similar, but I've never been able to find anything like the guild. Like chadz says it can grow a bit stale, but it has a system that is so unique that it's hard to find something like it. That is a rarity to find for me and is the sole reason everything months I find myself going back to the guild. There really is nothing else like it.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login