Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 382 times)

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Some suggestions
« on: January 15, 2018, 02:39:10 pm »
1. Fix throwing weapons, especially all the axes, disappearing after impact and make them stick in flesh again.

2. In DTV make horses heal after waves again. Old dev team said this would be fixed years ago...

3. Add an option to buy an LP for 12M xp (or however much), so all the xp you collect with a main on 34 isn't completely wasted. An xp transfer would also do - play one character, get xp for a designated other (maybe with 20% penalty or something...).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 02:42:11 pm by War_Ferret »

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:32:59 pm »
1. Fix throwing weapons, especially all the axes, disappearing after impact and make them stick in flesh again.

has been discussed years ago, the axes sticking in a body has been removed because it caused some errors iirc, not sure what it was exactly but it was more or less a clear no from (old) dev side.
Whats to fix about the other throwing weapons?

2. In DTV make horses heal after waves again. Old dev team said this would be fixed years ago...

good idea I guess, on the other hand you dont need ATH on DTV anyway, riding = ATH on DTV servers, and most people dont lose their horses before round 2 or 3, if at all. If I think about it, I think its fine how it is, you need to be more careful about your horse, people like Thorvic keep their mounts alive until the last wave mostly, I guess it would be way too easy if you get your horse recovered every wave.

3. Add an option to buy an LP for 12M xp (or however much), so all the xp you collect with a main on 34 isn't completely wasted. An xp transfer would also do - play one character, get xp for a designated other (maybe with 20% penalty or something...).

I'd say no on the first one, that would not fit with retirenment loot on higher levels >32 + would cause a lot more leeching.
Also personaly no on the second thought. Alts are there to start as a peasant and to play trough the stages of developement. With an XP transfer you would literally kill all of the low level grind. And we actually need MORE low level grinding peasants.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 09:47:16 pm »
+1
has been discussed years ago, the axes sticking in a body has been removed because it caused some errors iirc, not sure what it was exactly but it was more or less a clear no from (old) dev side.
Whats to fix about the other throwing weapons?
I'm thinking this is worth bringing up every 2 or 3 years, because throwing an axe at someone to see it disappear immediately is kinda meh. It works in native... And it used to work in crpg, too. About other throwing weapons? Hammers come to mind, though one may argue they rather shouldn't stick. I guess it's just about axes then.

good idea I guess, on the other hand you dont need ATH on DTV anyway, riding = ATH on DTV servers, and most people dont lose their horses before round 2 or 3, if at all. If I think about it, I think its fine how it is, you need to be more careful about your horse, people like Thorvic keep their mounts alive until the last wave mostly, I guess it would be way too easy if you get your horse recovered every wave.
For me the point is that healing horses were there to begin with. I think it just stopped working about the same time the old devs broke replenishing ammo in DTV and probably some other things as well. It took forever for them to fix the ammo bug, while the horse bug never was fixed.

I'd say no on the first one, that would not fit with retirenment loot on higher levels >32 + would cause a lot more leeching.
Also personaly no on the second thought. Alts are there to start as a peasant and to play trough the stages of developement. With an XP transfer you would literally kill all of the low level grind. And we actually need MORE low level grinding peasants.
I don't know about the need for more low level grinders. I just know devs are doing everything to ensure everyone is more or less the same level (compared to earlier). The xp/level curve has become so "non-linear" that you can retire in DTV during tincans and then jump from 1 to 18 instantly. In battle you even get constant minimum x2 until 25 just so you won't stay low level for long. So I don't see why it would matter.
I don't understand your point about leeching. When it comes to leeching, I'd say it's mostly low levels that leech anyway. The "stages of development" are basically being useless and leeching it out until you are high level enough, which only takes an hour or two.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 12:55:32 am »
I think you should be able to use the xp earned from strategus on any char because especially these really long sieges you are stuck on one character.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die