Author Topic: Internal shield balance  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Rextard, Rextardero, CornstablePonyGaper, CornporalCannonFodder
Re: Internal shield balance
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 04:09:05 pm »
Shields need something, they are seriously lacking. They're sucking against range lately too, far too easy to shoot around. I would like to see speed upped since right now 2handers only need to trick you on their swings or move around you a little, and then do a tiny bit of their swing arc to hit! Moving your arm up and down does not take as long as moving one or both arms through a swing.

Anyone else get the feeling lately that 2h's can hit by stepping -just- past your raised shield before they swing into and through the shield? I find even if their swing looks like it would hit my shield, sometimes it just ignores it because they've stepped far enough.

I also want to see buckler prices lowered, and maybe they could get some of the benefits found here: http://www.myarmoury.com/review_aa_ebuckler.html
Since they're pretty hard to use. I would especially like to see catching thrusts for a brief second.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 04:40:14 pm »
Yes, how horrible! You can be hit if someone sidesteps and you don't follow them with your shield! Gasp! Where art thou, forcefield!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Rextard, Rextardero, CornstablePonyGaper, CornporalCannonFodder
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 05:49:56 pm »
   Xant, why bother responding if you aren't even going to try using your limited reading comprehension? -1

I'm talking about them stepping past me, the weapon (as its quite long) hasn't actually passed the shield, though they have, and then their swing seemingly goes through the shield for a hit. If you still don't understand what I'm talking about: Their weapon line goes through the circle my shield represents, and is not blocked, because they stepped a bit past me. It shouldn't matter where they are, it should only matter where their weapon or weapon-head is.

My issue is with where you have to follow them with your shield, not with the fact you have to aim your shield.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 06:07:59 pm »
Internal Balance:

OK make Huscarl the most expensive shield with the highest skill requirements cause it is by far the best shield you can have.
After you did this ask some fair shield users to make a balanced list for the rest.

If you want to do more: Redo stats to fit in current price system.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 06:30:58 pm »
Internal Balance:

OK make Huscarl the most expensive shield with the highest skill requirements cause it is by far the best shield you can have.
After you did this ask some fair shield users to make a balanced list for the rest.

If you want to do more: Redo stats to fit in current price system.

Why this type of shield as best shield. It doesn't take mr. obvious to find out those type of shields was phased out by superior design of shields ?

Imo, re-do stats of all shields.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 08:12:48 pm »
Anyone else get the feeling lately that 2h's can hit by stepping -just- past your raised shield before they swing into and through the shield? I find even if their swing looks like it would hit my shield, sometimes it just ignores it because they've stepped far enough.

Use a huscarl.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 08:21:35 pm »
Why this type of shield as best shield. It doesn't take mr. obvious to find out those type of shields was phased out by superior design of shields ?

Imo, re-do stats of all shields.

Original shield balance done by Taleworlds payed attention to game balance and roleplay, so Nords as infantry faction had best shields. In cRPG we don't have Nords and Rhodoks so item balance team has free hands.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:41:32 pm by Tai Feng »
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q