Author Topic: Hangover cures  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Hangover cures
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2016, 11:08:02 pm »
I cant believe people can get so drunk that they basically lose control over themselves.

Why not? It's not uncommon. When I get drunk I don't know what I'm doing and the next day barely remember anything. That's why and because of my self destructing inclinations I had to quit heavy drinking.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 12:00:03 am »
I don't know any hangover cures that actually work, I have a 100% failproof method that works (at least in my case) all the time, every time, always and forever with you, my love. I simply sober up before sleeping. Staying awake until reasonably sober might be a challenge, but it's worth the lack of hangover.
Well if I stay sober enough to stay awake the hangover wouldn't be too bad anyways.
but if you get really drunk there comes the point where falling asleep is the only exitstategy out of that world of nonsense with those moving streets and rotating chairs.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 12:13:11 am »
Best and only hangover cure: avoid a hangover.  It may sound uncool and boring but moderation in all things really does work.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 12:18:46 am »
Woah.  :shock: I just remebered that I almost got ran over by a tram, but instead elbowed it, because I thought it was some person standing in my way. Got a nasty scab for it. Anyway, my tummy is feeling alot better now, so I won't need to eat coal, hopefuly.  :rolleyes:
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 12:49:21 am »
Why not? It's not uncommon. When I get drunk I don't know what I'm doing and the next day barely remember anything. That's why and because of my self destructing inclinations I had to quit heavy drinking.

Just because ive never gotten to any similar point of being drunk. Ive always been fully aware of what im up to so the thought of people actually not being aware from too much alcohol just seems completely alien to me.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 04:00:32 am »
+2
Before I go off topic, I just want to say: Gatorade and a couple slices of toast soaked with butter. Then go back to bed. Try waking up again in an hour or two. Get some food, fluid, and electrolytes into your system. That's all you can do.

Just because ive never gotten to any similar point of being drunk. Ive always been fully aware of what im up to so the thought of people actually not being aware from too much alcohol just seems completely alien to me.

Everyone is different, blacking out does happen but not as easily or at all for some people. I've been horribly drunk, to the point that I was deathly white and had to go to the doctor for an IV drip to re-hydrate the next day; couldn't even keep water down without puking. Didn't black out, remember everything.

On the other hand, I took a single dose of Ambien as recommended by my doctor and "blacked out" pretty much immediately, wandering around with my brain on autopilot instead of staying put in bed. I had to be told what I did during the night. Couldn't remember any conversations I had or things I did.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 06:23:36 am »
I've heard some horror stories about Ambien. Sleepwalking is a really, really common symptom. Seems to be an overprescribed thing in the US. Tell your doctor he's a fucking shill.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 12:59:56 pm »
Something starchy like everyone else in the thread has said. I recall having a hangover until 4pm when I finally forced myself to down some sugary tea after making food and not being able to do anything other than look at it.

I was always confused how people managed to black out but continue partying, the two times I have it accompanied puking but I also came to later in the night.
And how!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2016, 01:37:46 pm »
Eat and drink before sleep. Exercise next day. Gotta make the poison leave your body.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 01:43:13 pm »
Fuck tons of water. Preferably before you sleep but also when you wake up.

That and a very English one. Fish finger sandwiches with melted butter. Typical student hangover food.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 03:30:17 pm »
+3
Red wine hangovers are probably the worst I've ever experienced. At least when it's been from Vodka or other spirits I'm usually so out of it I hardly notice. But with red wine. O god the pain.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 04:03:41 pm »
+5
Exercise next day

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 04:06:58 pm »
Okay, whatever you guys aren't any help, I don't have a headache, but thanks for the tips anyway. Might be useful sometime in the future.
By the way it went away after I ate a couple whole kiwis, guess it was just an acid problem.

Confirmed OP simply had a stomach ache and called it a hangover to look cool.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2016, 05:45:16 pm »
Well, yeah but I got it after drinking. That's like saying that someone just got a headache and not a hangover,  :lol:.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.