Author Topic: Just another Star Wars movie  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1728
  • Infamy: 493
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Just another Star Wars movie
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 08:36:04 pm »
I love Kyle Katarn as much as anyone, maybe more. And it's hip to hate on the new Star Wars movies cos they're so popular, but these cutscenes are enjoyable only in the way 60s Batman is enjoyable, except 60s Batman was doing it on purpose.

I don't know in what universe the acting, direction, writing and action in the new SW movies are in any way inferior to these cutscenes. We're talking about a guy who cant act even with physical props and another actor in the room, having to mime picking up a CGI box. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing, but it's not good.

It is product of different time and circumstances. For video games back then it was great. Why don't you watch Red Alert FMV from the same period. Ain't any better, although it involves better actors.

Modern Star Wars can be ten times as popular, it is cancer. Disney produced and branded cancer. I'll rather gouge my eyes out than watch Disney channel or anything Disney basically. They were great when Walt was alive but this megacorporation of today... should be burned to the ground.

You know, fifteen years ago my buddy and me decided to watch movie Nosferatu from 1920s. Mute, stop motion movie. We couldn't do it. Anything modern is way better, even Uwe Boll movies or old Ed Wood works. Unfortunately, it didn't age well. But that doesn't mean that any modern crap is better, Nosferatu was huge achievement when it was made one hundred years ago.