Author Topic: Ori and the blind forest  (Read 664 times)

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
Ori and the blind forest
« on: May 30, 2016, 11:35:36 am »
+2
Got this game for my nephew to play - i had an eye on it for a while but waited for a sale c_c
Tried to help him get into the game-play
Solved some hard parts for him - god, didnt think the game was so hard after the looks
Got addicted and played the game through in one go :3
Still  wasnt satisfied and maxed all skills, found all items/buffs - All in all about 5 days i think for first run with exploring, figuring stuff out, enjoying it
Boy came back and solved some parts i spent like 10 tries on in 1-3 runs t_t
Now sitting and impatiently hoping for a next part of the game

Pro's:
Non violent - quite sad and a bit scary at times (for a kid at least) - you can play it without having to kill alot of the mobs - later you actually use the mobs to reach spots in the map and to move around faster
Pretty much bug free as far as i can tell
Has a huge world to explore - you need to return to alot of places if you want  the buffs later on though(need to aquire certain skills)
Great story and music - simply awesome
Really challenging your gaming and puzzling skills at times - very tempting to get some buffs without having required skills yet - alot of fun :D
Very immersive and addictive
Has some replay value
Nice skill tree - nothing special but it fits very well into the game
 ... loved the end of some  "world events", where after solving the quests, the real action starts - the escaping the place  :mrgreen:

Con's:
Eventhough it has an open world, its ment to be played story driven and there are some imbalances if you opt for exploring first, before playing the story, as i always do :3
Not a real Con, but I wished for a coop/hot chair gameplay in the game

Its really worth it, even for grown up gamers ... not just a kids game!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 11:59:08 am by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
Re: Ori and the blind forest
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 12:38:42 pm »
Did you get the Definitive Edition, Micah? It's got some good additions but annoyingly you cant transfer over previous saves.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 08:18:51 pm »
Did you get the Definitive Edition, Micah? It's got some good additions but annoyingly you cant transfer over previous saves.
I actually did get the game on a sale for the Definitive edition ^^ Didint play the original, since i understood it to be a subset of the Definitive.
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 12:27:29 pm »
You're lucky. I played the original and there's no way to get back to the unreachable locations and since I missed some stuff I can't 100% without restarting the game. Sad times.