• cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
raids
« on: January 26, 2016, 09:20:27 pm »
With the new crime mechanics are we opening up raiding?  or is the Caldairain UN still keeping it banned?
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: raids
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:41:48 pm »
+1
This is my opinion, and not that of my clan or faction we are with in strategus, but I think raiding is a valid tactic.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 10:37:00 pm »
+2
w0t is r41d1ng plis explain
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 12:29:18 am »
+4
If you have to raid it just means you know you are a shit faction with bad players(not badplayer he was a good player.)
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 12:40:55 am »
+3
If you have to raid it just means you know you are a shit faction with bad players(not badplayer he was a good player.)
If you are getting raided you now you are shit on strat
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 12:43:44 am »
+2
If you are getting raided you now you are shit on strat

Good counter argument.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 03:06:34 am »
+16
Anyone whining about others doing a raid is a fucking nancy, man. Probably one that doesn't know how this shit works, anyway.

It doesn't even do anything spectacular. If you're keeping a bunch of goods and/or gear inside a fief with absolutely no garrison aside from population, you're being a jackass. If another party actually somehow FINDS THIS INFORMATION OUT (would need to be a spy, exploit, or amazing reconoitering), the fiefholders deserve every bit of shit they're keeping in there to be stolen.

If you don't have shit in the fief, but no garrison (only population), then the attackers will have wasted 24 hours and will receive nothing. This is ample time to jockey your armies (assuming you have them and they are contactable...again, anyone complaining about raids is probably woefully incompetent and doesn't have shit) to fuck on the raiders.

I'm not entirely sure, but reasonably confident that raiding is a non-issue for AI fiefs. I'm under the impression the AI buys weapons in a fashion preventing raiding and re-raiding troopless AI fiefs. I ain't seen anyone do it, anyway. This leads me to believe it is impossible, or maybe everyone in strat is being a good baby boy and you just tell me the chances of THAT.

If someone shit-talks you (or anyone) on the forums for raiding, you can be safe in the knowledge that I'll be writing up some real vehement shit-talk for them in return.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 07:11:08 pm »
+1
The only problem I see this strat having with raiding since they decreased the damage crime can do, is that you can't even defend your villages reliably. Sure, it's generally no great loss if your 200 pop village gets taken, but since there are so few active strat players that not every fief will be camped at all times, it is kind of annoying that you will have to rely on free peasant gear to defend a fief in the late-game. Would be real nice if you could keep the populations' amount of gear in the fief, without fear of that being raided... that mechanic would not only make sense (the villagers can't prevent their own shit from being taken? lel wut) but would also give factions a reason to increase the population in their fiefs.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 07:17:56 pm »
I agree you should be able to designate population equip vs general fief equip (with a limit of how much each person of population can "hold", ie 1 piece of body/head/glove/leg armor, and 4 slots of equipment).

But since population requires no upkeep cost, I think making people pay to keep a standing army, or risk the gold/equip stored in village makes sense.  And since Crime isn't going to be as brutal this time around, I think people should be able to keep crime low in their fiefs.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 07:36:49 pm »
+5
I'm of the opinion raiding is a valid tactic as well. Only issue with raiding is the crime but that's been modified this strat. Crime was an annoying bitch last strat but its like a kitten thats mad at you now it seems. Its annoying but aint it adorable it thinks its doing damage.

I do agree though that you should be able to give villages set gear that they keep. Or that some pop would come in if there is absolutely no garrison. Maybe only 1/3 of the pop. But that's abusable too I guess with pop being free.

I dislike raiding on a personal level just because it is a pretty easy tactic to use esp when you do waves on a fief and kill off the garrison and want to shaft the gear but sandy is right. You gotta be prepared for it and you can complain but if you weren't ready for it, its your own fault your shit got pushed in.

I'd rather no one raided just because its less fun but you gotta be prepared for it. Can't complain just because its less fun.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 04:26:07 pm »
+4
Anyone whining about others doing a raid is a fucking nancy, man. Probably one that doesn't know how this shit works, anyway.

It doesn't even do anything spectacular. If you're keeping a bunch of goods and/or gear inside a fief with absolutely no garrison aside from population, you're being a jackass. If another party actually somehow FINDS THIS INFORMATION OUT (would need to be a spy, exploit, or amazing reconoitering), the fiefholders deserve every bit of shit they're keeping in there to be stolen.

If you don't have shit in the fief, but no garrison (only population), then the attackers will have wasted 24 hours and will receive nothing. This is ample time to jockey your armies (assuming you have them and they are contactable...again, anyone complaining about raids is probably woefully incompetent and doesn't have shit) to fuck on the raiders.

I'm not entirely sure, but reasonably confident that raiding is a non-issue for AI fiefs. I'm under the impression the AI buys weapons in a fashion preventing raiding and re-raiding troopless AI fiefs. I ain't seen anyone do it, anyway. This leads me to believe it is impossible, or maybe everyone in strat is being a good baby boy and you just tell me the chances of THAT.

If someone shit-talks you (or anyone) on the forums for raiding, you can be safe in the knowledge that I'll be writing up some real vehement shit-talk for them in return.

Fully agree with above statement.  Raiding adds another element of strategy this game sorely needs. 
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 04:40:35 pm »
+1
You gonna be leading my battle tonight?

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesupcoming#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=234

Sorry man.  Almost completely inactive - haven't played in 9 months, and still working a lot and would rather spend most of my spare time with the wife.  Won't be leading any battles or even being able to make many battles.  Mild forum warrior and trading goods on strat is mostly going to be it. :(
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 05:09:49 pm »
+1
Yo Kesh, although at times you could be a piece of shit (strat brings out the worst in a lot of us) its good to see you got your priorities straight.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 07:58:59 pm »
The 'no raiding agreement' we had with the Wardens was due to low populations.  It took us long enough to get enough men to build a half ass army, so we didn't want to have to use a lot of ticks to garrison all of our holdings.  When we first started fighting, we both had relatively small areas, and we could control the crime in cities and castles.  Attacking villages was just a way to thumb your nose at the enemy, and to try draw out their armies for a few field battles.

But if we got enough players, then I'd say yes to raiding.  Keep a few guys patrolling, and actually guard your lands.