• View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
Re: wtf
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2015, 07:46:40 pm »
+7
"I don't even play cRPG"
- HESKEYTIME

See?  I can put words in your mouth too.

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2015, 08:42:21 pm »
Warband league is an orgy of cav, archers,If you think so. I'd say it depends on map, faction and clan but hey. and greatswordsGet out. Or show me a single match in that people have used greatswords if they didnt have a huge lead score-wise anyways..  Despite your irrational insistence that everyone I faced on native was a new playerI didn't say every player you met was, I said they could be., I would take decent players from cRPG against the best of native any day. Do it. People have talked about going to native leagues before, but hey: You didn't join WPL, you didn't join WNL5 and you didn't join any of the smaller leagues.

People on native are one-trick ponies and they know it so they stay on native.Maybe they stay in Native because it's combat isn't broken, thought about that?

You can keep talking about how ezpz native is, or you can go to one of the next bigger leagues(Maybe you can even join WNL5, if there is another team signing up with you, not sure if that's possible) and show is. Unteil you do, I'll keep repeating myself:
What do you expect from people on a public server that everyone that just installed the damn game for the first time can join? Ever played in some kind of a league? I'd like to see you do.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2015, 09:07:32 pm »
+7
Regardless of skill levels of individual players, mechanics, weapons, and other things to me Native just isn't fun. cRPG is a place where(on NA at least) most people know me, I know most people, and we play together and just kill each other and all have fun. In native, I don't know anyone. Occasionally I'll see cRPG players on there(I've seen Haru a few times and Aporta a couple as well. Think I saw Merica once on NW but thats different) but overall I'd take the cRPG community over the native every day. Yeah sure we call each other my old friendgots and go out of our way to annoy each other but deep down we're all kinda friends. The players IMO makes cRPG greater than any mechanic change. If the entire playerbase moved to a different game I think I'd find it almost as enjoyable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2015, 09:13:19 pm »
I can understand what you mean, Tristan, but I'd say that it's pretty obvious that if you're playing in a smaller community, you get to know everyone after some time.
If you'd have played Native for the same amount of time you played cRPG, you'd prob know most people in their NA community too, eh?

Tho, and I agree on that point, cRPG is(for me sadly was) way more fun than Native.

Offline Mancom37

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2015, 09:21:29 pm »
Well yet again they do the same error,the handgoone is (from what I have seen) a personal safety gun and not used has it should be (a primary ranged gun),they do the same shitty excuse of placing it behind a high price paywall thinking that it will stop users from using them has it is being used but nope they don't understand how you should balance the early firearms in mount and blade.
Viva El'Rei

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2015, 10:01:24 pm »
i played in last WNL and this is for cav and archers only :F

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2015, 10:42:39 pm »
Oh, and:Obviously. What do you expect from people on a public server that everyone that just installed the damn game for the first time can join? Ever played in some kind of a league? I'd like to see you do.

You can also expect a larger player base on the main module which should naturally give them a larger amount of good players, and honestly I've failed to see that. I know there are good native players but the very large amount of bad players definitely outway the good players to the extent that you can't really argue that average skill level for native isn't lower. You can probably fight servers with a much higher skill average but I don't know where they are and never really wanted to find out. Because I found native incredibly boring with its gearing system and prefer the crpg way. That being said I'm not able to argue about whether top tier crpg players are better than top tier native players since I have no experience in this area. Never been able to compare them.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2015, 11:40:31 pm »
If we would look at eu community, who would it be at the moment.. Who of the people playing on eu are REALLY good. U know, those ones u dont even try fighting against cuz u 100% know that u will loose. For sure we do have heros, but they are all actually beatable.. In native they have a decent amount of those ones...

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2015, 03:38:26 am »
+1
Mercernaries seems alright but its all EU. So my ping is absolutely shit.

So fuck that mod.

Although it was cool to join a siege server with 90+ players. But I couldn't do much. Got like 3-5 and the like scores. Can barely block with high ping (or at low ping, hey-ho!). But still no thanks.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2015, 08:16:09 am »
I can understand what you mean, Tristan, but I'd say that it's pretty obvious that if you're playing in a smaller community, you get to know everyone after some time.
If you'd have played Native for the same amount of time you played cRPG, you'd prob know most people in their NA community too, eh?

Tho, and I agree on that point, cRPG is(for me sadly was) way more fun than Native.

gib looms   8-)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2015, 02:35:00 pm »
You're only like 2 months late, Hail...

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2015, 02:46:28 pm »
i blame the turks

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2015, 03:11:58 pm »
+5
i blame the turks

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2015, 06:59:36 pm »
+3
Just tried Mercenaries for a couple days. That mod is quite unbalanced when it comes to classes (cav/archer), but at least the melee combat isn't so skatie/wonky like cRPG. The weird thing is the combat feels faster yet it still allows you to see the frames easier than cRPG. In cRPG swings seem to hit earlier than they should and players rubber band and go through other players models. The different melee classes are balanced better in cRPG but there is just something off that makes it less fun. I'd suggest going back to pre-destiny patch and seeing what went wrong

Apart from that the performance is way better in cRPG since it has WSE2. The sound seems better (cav is quiet and hard to position in Mercenaries) and you really need voice commands to have proper teamwork. Mercenaries encourages last hitting since it increases your gold income + allows you to get a chance to loot a weapon. It takes a long time to get gold and you are at quite a disadvantage until you farm a lot so it pays to kill steal and avoid helping team mates if there is a risk of dying. Not that teamwork is bad there, it just has systems that discourages teamwork and increases team hits. You get more gold if your team wins, but it still pays off to just run away and try to get more kills. Scoring system is better in cRPG too since it is all based on damage / proximity to enemies rather than just kills/assists

Both mods have pro's and con's tbh. I don't think the skill level of the players is one of them - seems pretty similar in both mods

Anyway thats my mini review of Mercenaries. If they add voice commands, reduce the staggers from ranged/polearms and nerf cav maneuver/speed it would be a decent alternative to cRPG. As it is despite the melee being inferior in cRPG it has enough other stuff to compensate. Both are in the 7-8 out of 10 range atm. Player numbers tip the score a bit depending on how many are on each mod
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur