Author Topic: SPQR declares WAR!  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
SPQR declares WAR!
« on: October 26, 2015, 01:59:08 pm »
+4
Not sure on whom yet.  But we are sitting here scratching our arses with shitloads of troops and shiny gear.  As Legatus, I leave it to the consuls to choose who we fight; but by God er, by our Pantheon, we will fight someone.

Now, um, it may be my fault Strat is dead.  As emperor or high king, I always said all I wanted was to unite all of the NA map so we could play a peaceful trading simulator.  Now as you know, Bryggan was chadz' chosen one.  What with him being Austrian, with a Germanic sense of humour, he may have missed the intended irony.  So I apologize for that.  He ruined Strat thinking he was making me happy.  'Be careful what you wish for', especially around Euros.

So, to right the wrongs I caused by my silly posts, Bryggan is lost in the desert, feebly chasing the long retreated Eques.  Brigandius_Legatus_Rufus however, is on the scene (oh, and for you Roman buffs, his name will be fixed). A relatively new player in this game, he strongly believes in the strength of Reyvadin, and the Senātus Populusque Reyvadinus.  While Reyvadin has always been a defensive state, Brigandius believes that the Pax Reyvadinus could be brought to everyone.  And while the consuls make the political decisions, he pushes for expansion.  And the consuls will agree.  Cuz the guy in charge of the military usually have final say.

So, in summarius, the legate seeks war.  The consuls will choose a target.  We would dearly love to mix it up- so tired of the same people fighting the same people.  We, the People and Senate of Reyvadin, know you all love us.  So, should the rumours of a fixed strat be true, fight for us.  Why:  to make strat fun again.  To have some awesome battle.  To help us completely dominate the map, so we can stroke our e-peen and use the archived battles on our cell phones to pick up girls in the bar. Cuz chicks dig Strat winners.

(for diplomatic shit, please don't contact me.  Diplomacy is as annoying as hell, which is why I never ran for consul.  So, if you wanna chat, talk to Blue or NSIV.  Oh, and give them shit for not taking a good Roman name yet).  Like, seriously.  I was against this whole roman thing at the start, but eventually I was won over (Emperor Bryggan, as a character, was done.  That guy was fun while he lasted, but right now we'll leave him riding a donkey in the desert futilely seeking the Eu Eques).

So.

Tell our fucking people to change to a latin name.  Like it's hard.  NSIV could be Ennaysivius.  JayJrod could be Jayvius Rodula.  But do they even try?  No, the only person to try is Lemon.  And that makes me weep.

But alll right, as Legatus, I am responsible for letting the world know our diplomacy.  The consuls decide, but I am the one who tells ya (yeah, look in Wikipedia, it's true).  So, erm, currently we are not at war.  But we really, really want to be.  Contact our consuls, Blue or NSIV for diplomatic shit.  Odds are, we''ll attack a small faction, cuz we are a wee bit small ourselves.  And you know me, as Legatus, I like to fight wars I win... or better yet, convince people to join me.  But I digress, the power is in the consuls.  Talk to them.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: SPQR declares WAR!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 02:05:25 pm »
+10
you should invade EU
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 03:41:04 pm »
+2
you should invade EU

Oh, I know!  Obviously we are not strong enough at the moment, but back in the days of KotN and the HCE, we had considered it.  But unfortunately we had a bunch of gents who would not participate in the good old N of A.  Namely the Hounds of Mithrim and the Wardens of Chullain.  So, while we were doing our best to wear them down and make em realize resistance was futile, just so we could join forces and fight an enemy that was 5 times our size.. which would have been pointless but absolutely awesome!!!

Instead they opted to submit to the Euros.  No problem with that, the more fights the merrier.  In all of NA history, there has always been a united front against a European invasion because A) they have a bigger playbase than us, B)They tend to have better players than us, despite the ping (which is related to A).  But now we have learned.  Bryggan is more hated than Kesh.  Apparently his style of diplomacy makes him more hated than any other NA leader.  And while he is hurt, and quietly crying to himself, he appreciates the infamy he somehow earned.  Better to be the biggest asshole in NA, rather than just be a middlin' shit head.

BUT.... Bryggan, whether Emperor, or High King, or Mercenary or Peasant; is off in the desert.  This gent you are dealing with now has no sense of history or politics.  Deal with the consuls for that shit.  This a gent who likes a good fight, enjoys the cat and mouse of strat, and will fight like a bitch for whatever cause he is given.

And who knows?  Maybe this time I'll we'll win.  And our republic (anyone can become a consul!  Join now, use your silver, troops and personal persuasion to advance!  Fuck them other factions where the leaders are locked in place til they are bored and quit.  Our faction has a kind of crazy voting system, in which the more you help, the more votes you have.  But the more fun you have (ie fighting battles and doing shit) the less votes you have.  So, ya noobs and discontented players, fuck your faction.  You want to win, right?  You play these games to advance.  You want to compete against some neckbeard who has been here since day 1?  You can't win that game.  Join our faction, be active, and in time you could be our new leaders.  Cuz odds are you could learn things from the past, but maybe, just maybe, you'll learn some shit of your own.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 04:20:30 pm »
although a big EU - NA war is a fun idea,  you might aswell just look for a quarrel with one larger EU clan.  Im sure that not all EU would unite to fend you off.  There are a bunch of fun fudes for us to flame up again and keep us occupied while you do your thing : )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 05:54:33 pm »
attack greys ffs, we got enough of u NAs :mrgreen:

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 05:55:04 pm »
+5

Unless you going EU, then gl mang.

Offline sJimmy

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 06:20:23 pm »
 :?
"By what you decide to do every day you will be a good man or not." – Knights Hospitaller, 2nd Crusade

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 07:39:00 pm »
+5
Not sure on whom yet.  But we are sitting here scratching our arses with shitloads of troops and shiny gear.  As Legatus, I leave it to the consuls to choose who we fight;

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 09:11:17 pm »
+6
Long Live The High King! Emperor! Khan! Bryggan! Legatus!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 02:15:31 am »
+1
Long Live The High King! Emperor! Khan! Bryggan! Legatus! Consul!

Ignorant Barbarian, know your place and use the proper term for real leaders.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 02:30:40 am »
+1
Fun fact about ancient Rome, Consuls usually served as the Head of Armies only second to a Dictator if one was selected. There some fun stuff when dumb Consuls continued getting rekt by Hannibal because they didn't understand they couldn't beat him head on.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 02:50:11 am »
+2

Ignorant Barbarian, know your place and use the proper term for real leaders.

"Brigandius_Legatus_Rufus"

Not sure on whom yet.  But we are sitting here scratching our arses with shitloads of troops and shiny gear.  As Legatus, I leave it to the consuls to choose who we fight; but by God er, by our Pantheon, we will fight someone.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 04:40:56 am »
+2
When do we tell him strat is still broken?
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline sJimmy

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 04:44:39 am »
+2
When do we tell him strat is still broken?

2 to 3 weeks ago... when it died... Long Live the Legion...
"By what you decide to do every day you will be a good man or not." – Knights Hospitaller, 2nd Crusade