Author Topic: NA Duel servers  (Read 747 times)

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
NA Duel servers
« on: January 09, 2011, 08:17:09 am »
+1
I was just wondering when the Duel server will be up again and how will Dueling will work after the patch?  If I may, I would suggest that no upkeep be put on dueling servers since otherwise it will be hard to attract people.  Dueling is such an effective training too it would be shame to lose it or have people avoid it due to low xp and gold payout and upkeep penalties.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: NA Duel servers
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 08:27:49 am »
I was just wondering when the Duel server will be up again and how will Dueling will work after the patch?  If I may, I would suggest that no upkeep be put on dueling servers since otherwise it will be hard to attract people.  Dueling is such an effective training too it would be shame to lose it or have people avoid it due to low xp and gold payout and upkeep penalties.

No idea.  I miss the duel servers, don't even really care if we get xp or gold at all on them.  But since I have no idea how to fix the problem of it not loading your gear we may just turn it into a smaller battle server (say 30 or 64 man).
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 08:31:52 am »
No idea.  I miss the duel servers, don't even really care if we get xp or gold at all on them.  But since I have no idea how to fix the problem of it not loading your gear we may just turn it into a smaller battle server (say 30 or 64 man).

That would be very unfortunate, I would be very very sorry to see it go  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

EDIT

It was a great place to try out different weapons against a wide variety of opponents. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 08:44:12 am by Formless »
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 08:35:48 am »
Not sure why its not working. I assume because strategus is not updated...the duel servers are not connected to the database.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Airith

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • NA Community Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among The Shadows
  • Game nicks: Airith_ATS, Solanar_II_ATS
  • IRC nick: Airith
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 10:24:40 am »
Not sure why its not working. I assume because strategus is not updated...the duel servers are not connected to the database.
Right. Strategus hasn't been fixed, and duel mode is part of strategus or something. Either way duel mode hasn't been updated, and all the duel servers (not just NA) are disconnected from the db afaik.
And our time is flyin' see the candle burnin' low
Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
~The Rover - Led Zeppelin