Author Topic: question about shields  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: question about shields
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 03:15:53 am »
It seems like there are 2 problems with shields as it is:
  • Skill seems to have more effect on shield coverage than the actual size of the shield.
  • Size on shields does not follow the model size at all. (A buckler the size of an axe blade can block just ask well as a heater shield.)

So, if you are playing as a shielder you should go for the steel buckler. And get a lot of shield skill to make your shield immortal and give you lots of coverage.

Well, i doubt the parts with the "immortal" and "lots of coverage".
Currently it breaks really fast (buckler has the stats of the old plate covered round shield now), sometimes in only two axe hits, and for the coverage you need the right angle and a bit luck.

And again, a real shield is not a static object, like ingame. That is why there is the force field, to simulate some kinds of shield movements.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: question about shields
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 07:03:02 pm »
I have a bucklar and i def get hit by more arrows then if I swap to any form of a round. Husc lasts a bit longer to axe hits but swords the bucklar is great. So it is a decision on what you are fighting. IF the map has an army of ranged the little buck is not going to cut it.
Leader of BS