Author Topic: Thor goes to Tatooine  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Thor goes to Tatooine
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 03:11:38 pm »
+1
yo see the context man.  the matrix was inspiring to a whole generation when it came out. 
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 03:58:41 pm »
+1
the matrix was inspiring to a whole generation when it came out.

Exactly it makes me feel great about being a human battery enslaved by robotic overlords.

Also the original guardians was very entertaining I really hope they don't butcher it

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1775
  • Infamy: 691
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 04:12:55 pm »
yo see the context man.  the matrix was inspiring to a whole generation when it came out.

That's true. Matrix was like an iPhone. Touchscreen phones existed before it but iPhone was packaged in such a way your average western consumer has to notice and appreciate. Matrix did the same, incorporated lame ass kung-fu in cyberpunk story that way making it approachable by masses. Wachowski sisters knew exactly what they were doing when they made Matrix.

Matrix was never good, we just weren't exposed to better at that time. Better was there because Matrix wasn't original work, but we didn't know about it.

Edit: I must say when it comes to entertainment and movies in general I feel for Germans and Americans. Germans because of their futile attempts to keep their language relevant in globalized world, thus doing voice overs for foreign movies and shows. Americans because they are so stuck in their belief of being the best at everything, they have to rehash and remake every single successful foreign idea which often ends up being much worse than original but they don't know it or just don't care (Danish TV show Broen comes to mind as great example of this).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 04:18:41 pm by Leshma »

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 04:28:21 pm »
shit leshy you have a really stuck up attitude lately.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 727
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2017, 04:30:17 pm »
Matrix is indeed overrated, I used it as an example because I thought it was worshipped in places such as these.

There are more than enough hours in the day for both types of hobby if you work fairly standard hours. Watching every Marvel movie that comes out still takes up a tiny amount of time over the course of a year compared to the amount of time tv, the Youtubes or Twitch could take up.

Even so there's plenty of time for all of the above, self-improvement focused around your work to get that sweet pay rise and/or promotion, and also hobbies focused around learning skills that will never be your job but that you want to learn simply for the joy of doing it. In the latter category I'm brewing, trying to learn how to animate, video editing, and a small bit of filming + sound in relation to that. Also did a butchery course recently cos cooking is life, probably could have learnt the same things from youtube and a little practice though.

I don't watch Twitch at all, idea of watching others playing video games is strange to me. But youtube, yeah I spend quite some time on it. Not watching that weird ass crap most millennials seem to enjoy for some equally weird reason. Being information junkie and video game aficionado I like to follow what is happening in the industry, watching game trailers  and videos that show how games are being made. Not just Star Citizen but any game that shows intricacies of video game development. Also helps me with my own efforts.

About cooking, that's true art. Ain't touching it because I fear to fuck it up which did happen in the past. Making something stupid like pizza is easy, but anything special is pain to get right. You need ton of experience to make it nice, tasty and unique.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2017, 12:34:52 am »
Damn there is already a watchable copy of GotG V2 online and it doesn't release til May 5th. Its not dvd quality and is being recorded in a theater you can see people moving around, when does it release elsewhere to be out now? Still going to watch it in theater though.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2017, 02:14:56 am »
Probably a camrecording from a preview showing

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2017, 04:40:28 am »
+1
lol there were 5 mid credit and after credit scenes.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2017, 11:56:16 pm »
Damn there is already a watchable copy of GotG V2 online and it doesn't release til May 5th. Its not dvd quality and is being recorded in a theater you can see people moving around, when does it release elsewhere to be out now? Still going to watch it in theater though.
lol this was leaked early too.  So if Thor can channel lightning with his hands and body how the hell does a shock net and a shock device attached to his neck have any affect on him?
PENDULUM

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2017, 02:55:30 am »
+3
his little known weakness is battery powered electricity, a simple taser hooked up to your AA batteries could defeat him. 
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2017, 04:33:52 am »
+3
his little known weakness is battery powered electricity, a simple taser hooked up to your AA batteries could defeat him.