Author Topic: Make something about balance.  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Make something about balance.
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 08:25:11 pm »
(click to show/hide)

XD

Times when every second merc was an admin are gone. You're 4+ years late with your hate.

Actually im talking about around 1½ years ago when the population was usually around 60 people at night, and mercs would often come out at night to make a huge bannerstack and kill the server population. Never at day when there could be other stacks playing, but late night which was kind of annoying. Many rage quits were had.

This has been an issue for a long time, but bannerstacking to the extend of destroying the server never really stick for longer than a couple of weeks. So its never felt like a big problem in the long run. The other balance we had now didnt help, what it did was to slowly put all the bannerstackers on a team with even mor players, and put randomers on the team with less players. If it was fiddled with it could probably become great, but it wasnt amazing most of the time. I did have some games where us vanguards got balanced to a team with less players, and still won. Was pretty fun, but most of the time we would just keep getting balanced on the big team and win even easier.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:49:37 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 10:39:12 pm »
Was in mercs in their second "renaissance" and we never joined together to kill server population, simply put people either went to school or worked during the day, so at night was the only time we were all together (tony muffin dave mezzo etc).

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 10:59:41 pm »
I think removing banner balance is the only way to get this stack off, but imo, i rather play in one team with my friends against a big clan stack with max x3 multi then fighting against my friends. We should open another big clan with active crpg players to kill all these tryhards :P
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 11:01:02 pm »
+1
The balance that went away last patch was flawed, but this reminded me why the old one was fucking bad.

Being in both teams makes me feel bad, one is FULL (literally) of tryhards, the other one is with randoms that just want to play and chill out. The population went from 40/45 to 30. If anyone is still motivated to work on autobalance, it'd be great to know.

Welcome to the club. Been screaming my guts out about this and I was only one of the many who did so. The silly bannerstacking never got changed. It was alright in the olden days when one juggernaut would balance the other. But for a long while, it has been utter shit.

Partystompers love to shit on others, especially when there is nobody to turn the tide.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 11:03:45 pm »
+2
Removing banner balance would make so many people brocode, it'd be so inconsistent fighting anything because teammates will just sit and watch half the time to let their mates duel. Wouldnt work, so fuck that. Other than the brocoding it would spawn, i wouldnt be against it, i flip off my banner from time to time to get a good killing on clannies.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 11:31:00 pm »
+6
AmoX are just 3 years behind the other clans, so now they'll have to do it alone.  :lol:

Back in the days when there were 80+ people online, playing in a clanstack of ~10 was freaking epic. You weren't the major force in the battlefield. More like your stack would have to navigate it's way around. Falling back when facing the 30+ mob of enemies, or clashing against the Grey stack on the enemy team was the greatest fun I've had in this game.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 11:38:14 pm »
+1
AmoX are just 3 years behind the other clans, so now they'll have to do it alone notorious tryhardies stacking and tryharding under a different name and banner.

There, fixed it for you

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2015, 08:17:25 am »
They already brocode those Amox guys i've noticed will refuse to help someone fighting one of their clanmates (not just end of match duels).

Also, i thought you were in the 'ban all brocoders' camp so if banner balance is removed and they brocode, thank goodness we have Gravoth the anti-brocoder here to ban them for breaking the rules. Unless of course you're somehow biased, but i cant imagine that.

XD got me there LOL

Offline Richyy

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • ¤=[]:::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Richy_ / xDan / Rychi
  • IRC nick: Richy
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 11:21:46 am »
+2
XD got me there LOL

stop XDing, plz, stahp

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2015, 11:41:15 am »
+1
I don't see the problem.

Offline Arthur_

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 557
  • Infamy: 148
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Arthur
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2015, 11:50:47 am »
I'd kill the crutch if i was there.

(click to show/hide)

Jackie who?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2015, 01:20:27 pm »
Atleast they are basically all melee right? Its unfortunate that playing together can be so broken because it is a lot of fun. I will try to be active and fight against the stack, might prove to be a fun challenge.  And im freshly respecced thrower so 2h target dummies might quit before i do.