Author Topic: Please make a rules list!  (Read 344 times)

Offline Riztikhein

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Please make a rules list!
« on: June 27, 2015, 05:59:30 pm »
Hello

Recently I was banned for destroying the item box in EU DTV server.   :oops: I DID NOT know it was bannable because there was no notification anywhere! I believe there should be a rules list so people could know what to do and what not to do.

And WHY is the item box destroyable???  :mad: If you do not want it to be destroyed by players, you find it annoying, then you should make it undestroyable = problem solved!  :idea:

Because really, the rules stuff is confusing. After all, we all want to play on the server.  :wink:

P.S. Also, I do not know about freedom-of-speech-matters. For example, are players allowed to swear, how much is too much etc etc etc.

Thank you

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: Please make a rules list!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 06:06:17 pm »
http://forum.melee.org/announcements/official-server-rules/

Though, I do not know if the rack-rule is already on there, I believe it isn't.

But after all it says "[...]This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes.[...]"

DTV is a PVE mode anyway, so if anything you might think that the bots will destroy the rack and you ought to protect it.

But now you know and will not do the same thing in future =)
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Riztikhein

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 06:12:50 pm »
+1
How to know for how long am I banned? Ffs if I am banned for longer than 30 minutes for this, then FVCK, it would be WAY too much.

I still think there should be a rules list in-game because it would be much easier to get the rules, no? I have never ever ever seen the box being destroyed by bots, so that just makes this ability useless. And players may accidentally destroy it too, that makes punishing very difficult because we want to be fair after all.

EDIT: Oh, I read they can only ban for 1 hour or temporarily.  :oops: I hope it wasn't the second one...  :(
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 06:25:06 pm by Riztikhein »

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 06:24:58 pm »
It was probably a poll ban -- which lasts 1hr.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Riztikhein

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 06:30:30 pm »
+1
Well, I think it should go to the rules list (no destroying of item box).

You see, the problem with "common sense rules" is that common sense may vary DRASTICALLY. One person might think that we should ban for everything and the other may think that no banning should ever happen for maximum happiness for everyone. So, stiff rules should be written down about as many things as possible.

It often happens that the admin is having a bad day and acts a bit too harshly on players because of that and that is not fair, of course admin is a person, but there should be more... defence for players so that admins couldn't abuse easily. Oh what am I doing, ranting here, no one is ever going to take note anyway...

Offline Alec

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Caval-reee!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Northumbria
  • Game nicks: Bittersweet
  • IRC nick: Alec
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 06:48:09 pm »
And WHY is the item box destroyable???  :mad:

Because the same box is used in strat battles I believe, so it needs to be destroyable for the enemy team.
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Offline Riztikhein

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 07:51:18 pm »
Well they could make it destroyable in strat battles only then. If possible, make two seperate item boxes, one destroyable and one non-destroyable?

EDIT: By the way, I have been banned well over an hour now. Ugh what a bully kind of admin!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:55:31 pm by Riztikhein »

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 07:56:03 pm »
I am not sure if it is even possible, but I guess they could make a box that has a shitload of hitpoints.
But that would be a hassle and you'd have to put effort into it.

I guess just not destroying it is a lot easier for everybody =)
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login