Author Topic: North American Prize Fighting Championship (NAPFC)  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
North American Prize Fighting Championship (NAPFC)
« on: May 10, 2015, 04:07:14 am »
+1
I have decided to host a tournament to add a little spice into our daily lives. This will be a prize fighting championship, the tools of this tournaments will be your fists.

Format: This will be a single elimination tournament with randomly generated brackets, Matches will be fought 1v1 and first to three. The winner of the first to three match will move on to the next round until a champion is decided.

Rules: You are allowed to use any build of any level, you will not wear any weapon or armour except gloves, the gloves will be of your choice just like your build and level. Kicking, nudging, and chambering are allowed, blocking is not allowed so the matches will take place quicker, you are allowed to feint but if accidentally block a swing you will receive a warning, receiving a second warning will count as a loss towards your first to three and a third warning will count as a disqualification.

Top 3: Finalist who lost will fight, if the one who lost to the champion wins, he will fight the one who lost in the championship for 2nd place. If the finalist who lost to the almost champion wins, he'll be designated third and the almost champion will be 2nd. The one with no losses is of course the 1st place winner and champion.

Prizes:
1st: Champion title of the NAPFC: Lordly (+3) Polished Gauntlets
2nd: #1 contender of the NAPFC: One Heirloom Point
3rd: #2 contender of the NAPFC: Fifty Thousand Gold (50k)

Application: Simply apply in this thread with the name of your character and I will randomly generate a bracket with all entrants on it. Also preferably mention when you can play for the next step. Even though this is the North American Prize Fighting Tournament, entrants from all around the globe will be accepted.

Time and Place: We will decide a time that is hopefully capable for all entrants, if not we can let the fighters pick a time best for both of them and have a proper figure as witness. Place will be NA_8 Preferably, Judas has even kindly made me a map that works fine, if nothing else works out we'll simply use NA_3.

Hopefully this will gather the interest of a decent sized crowd, if so maybe we can do something like this again, either way lets see how this goes. Anyway I hope to see some interesting and fun stuff go on. I'll accept entrants until Friday when I will attempt to create a schedule.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:57:07 am by Voncrow »
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Battlepriest

• Scene Manager
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • hi how are you doing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: hesse
  • Game nicks: hesse_judie, skot_judas
  • IRC nick: sweet potato
Re: North American Prize Fighting Championship (NAPFC)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 05:37:58 am »
This will be a prize fighting championship, the tools of this tournaments will be your fists.

I wish you told me that when I was making your map...

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 05:39:15 am »
I wish you told me that when I was making your map...

Pretty sure I did, either way the map is fine as is.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 05:44:18 am »
+1
BUMP for GREAT Justice!

Cuz 5 minutes needs bump.

Offline Battlepriest

• Scene Manager
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • hi how are you doing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: hesse
  • Game nicks: hesse_judie, skot_judas
  • IRC nick: sweet potato
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 07:34:57 am »
My ping sucks but I'll be there to watch. Or I'll be selling hotdogs at the corn dog stand, because fuck corn dogs

Offline Shadowtaelon

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Llaeyoxe
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 02:46:21 am »
+1
Kicking and chambering are allowed
What about nudging?

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 02:56:43 am »
What about nudging?

yes, forgot to add that in.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 06:30:38 pm »
Be hard to referee whether or not blocking is actually taking place when both feints and nudges use the block key (I know nudge doesn't have to, but the fun nudge does)

You can swing nudge people and regular nudge people rather than block nudge, those actually do damage and a block nudge is more likely to have a punch go through it than block it. Same roll though, if a swing is blocked, card his ass.