Author Topic: Weapon Proficiencies - Archery  (Read 735 times)

Offline Tjerner

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Weapon Proficiencies - Archery
« on: May 25, 2011, 05:07:32 pm »
Need a bit help clarifying what the Archery stat does for my Archer, atm i got 4 WM/12agi which gives me 129 Archery.

what do i gain by placing more into agi/WM/archery, as far as i can see on the wiki its only making my shot more accurate but nothing more then that?

most pure archer builds i see have quite abit more Archery skill, so was wondering if the wiki was mistake, or people simply wanner be able to hit more precise ?

Thanks in advance :)

Offline AzureSkys

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • per aspera ad astra
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Azure, Nihilanth
Re: Weapon Proficiencies - Archery
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 05:30:37 pm »
I believe archery WPF improves draw speed and accuracy. I've not had more than 150 and 6 Powerdraw so I don't know how much things improve from there. After retiring, I'm now at about 129 WPF, too with 6 PD and really miss the 150.

It's also been said, ideally, to have 2 more powerdraw than what the bow requires for better results. With 6 PD and using a 4 PD bow I had more pull time before the reticule would start spreading out.

So, there's a balance between STR and AGI to fit the points where it seems fit. You can be more accurate with higher AGI and WPF, but with a weaker shot, or have a less accurate but stronger damage with higher PD.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 08:31:39 pm »
Also, depending on how much armor you wear your actual wpf in archery is lower than you think.  So if you want the same accuracy with 10-15 better armor you might want to go for the extra weaponmaster.  The accuracy factor in wpf playsa  significant role in mid to long range shots in deviaations from left to right of your target, but powerdraw also helps with giving a flatter trajectory.  If you are newer to archery try to focus on a balanced build first, play around alter with the stats once you feel more comfortable with your own particular style of play and focus.  (Fighting other archers, need the speed of extra wpf, killing horses or tin cans need the extra powerdraw, etc.)
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline AzureSkys

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • per aspera ad astra
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Azure, Nihilanth
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:37:38 pm »