Author Topic: XP Battles, Prizes including +3 item  (Read 2743 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: XP Battles, Prizes including +3 item
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 06:03:32 pm »
We had nothing to do with dutchys failed battle and in fact provided a good portion of the roster! We left when he asked us to and fought when he asked us to.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 08:37:06 pm »
+1
Not pointing the finger at Acre in particular here, but the defenders in general continued to spawn, and some continued to kill attackers (as they were trying to cap flags). If the attackers had the last 10, even only 5 minutes to cap flags, free of opposition, then there would have been no problem. But all it took was a select few defenders (Miley in particular kept killing and putting flags up until well into overtime) to ruin it all for us. My thanks go out to those defenders who did follow orders, since you no doubt had a miserable time sitting and watching the last few attackers trying to kill off/poll kick all the defenders. I think what may have contributed to the massive disobedience is simply almost no one was in TS, and those of us that were just so happened to be on the attackers side, it seemed. If there is a next time, I think that TS should be made mandatory, and in everyone's application they need to post something along the lines of "I read and understood the rules posted in your forum post, and promise to follow them" or something similar so you know who is willing to abide by them and who isn't.

At least the Ichamur siege was still a really fun battle, disregarding the final few minutes, so thanks for hosting it. Hopefully you'll have more tickets to do something similar again soon. And if anyone not involved in strat is reading this, go to the steppe and start making troops for these guys!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 12:59:39 am »
+1
Yeah I don't see why everyone is bitching at Acre. I was at both fights and they weren't even doing anything bad. Tbh I was doing everything "bad" with them, and was being as "bad" if not worse. I refused to quit on the Ichamur siege because I aint no pussy bitch but I didn't put up any flags. I don't get why everyone is bitching Acre out when they weren't the only ones doing this shit at the fights, there was me and at least 3-5 other people doing it as well not in Acre at all. And to be honest Acre made the second castle siege fun whereas it would've been boring as crap(oh yay, Defenders get to sit there and watch as attackers get to negate all the bonuses for being on defense so its more fun for them!). That keep shit was the most fun thing I've done in awhile in cRPG so thanks for that Dutchy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 04:27:58 am »
+1
We had nothing to do with dutchys failed battle and in fact provided a good portion of the roster! We left when he asked us to and fought when he asked us to.

(click to show/hide)

It was any thing but a failed battle, yes I take a lot of responsibility for losing 8k troops, but the fact is if everyone stopped spawning at the 10min mark like requested then those troops would still be alive. I was going to run XP battles every weekend with them but no biggy it just means I don't need to spend any time organizing anything for a while. That battle was really fun for everyone, it was a real street fight and a total success battle wise. On the plus side the lost troops must of had a lot to do with me scoring 13million renown for the battle and given me an uncatchable lead on the hero board.  8-)

P.S. Like Jona said anyone not doing anything in strat come to Ichamur and help pump out the troops for some more XP battles.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 07:07:52 am »
YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!!! YOU TRY BE NICE AND GET THINGS GOING, BUT SOME AMBITIOUS FUCK(S) WILL SCREW YOU OVER!!!

That being said, I appreciate you wasting men and material to amuse the masses.  Nice try, sez I.  But seriously.  Imagine if you used them thar troops for serious battles... against enemies you do not hate.  As in there was a point to the fighting.  Not to win, but to try winning.  I think at this time people are more interested in fighting good battles than they are in winning battles.  But you take away the suspense of winning or losing, you take away a lot of the fun.

But I believe the average mindset of the average player is to try win, or die gloriously.  XP battles are like NA1, but where nobody cares.  There is no multiplyer, no gold, and the xp is the same whether you fight like a bastard or just trollololol.

So, I invite you to attack active clans in their active fiefs.  The Wardens and I did it, and it was awesome.  We never attacked non-Afk villages, and most of the time it was field battles.  Which were awesome!! Except for the odd gank or two, the C-Rpg community kept the battles great.  And I tell you, it felt damn good to fight an enemy that wanted to win, and to fight them like the fuckin bastards we are, and to be finally pushed into a falg cap.  It was great.  First time in strat history that the losers TS was chock full of hype, enthusiasm and grand recounting of the awesome bits.  Long gone were the bitching, blaming, and immediate disconnecting after a battle.

It was awesome.

So, my advice- become enemies with your friends and friends with your enemies, talk to them, let them know (a little bit) what you are doing, don't attack their villages until you take out the castle/town (unless they are AFK fiefs).  At this point in time rosters tend to balance, cuz noone cares about strat or who owns what.  Everyone just wants good battles- win or lose*.

*I noticed whenever we got ganked by the Wardens, the next battle we would gank them.  And then, the battle after that, it would be even.  Which makes me think most of the C-Rpg strat playing people seek balance.

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 09:25:27 am »
Sorry to take so long it was a big week, but here is the results:

Champion:

1st= Jona: 204
2nd= Allers: 160
3rd= jack1_: 117.6
4th= Teutonic_King_Brocifaust: 105.6
5th= Jayjrod: 92.4

Most Efficient Champion:

1st: Jona: 3.35
2nd: jack1_: 2.94
3rd: Jayjrod: 2.53
4th: BaleOhay: 2.2
5th: Allers: 2.16

Thanks to everyone who had some fun and kept by the rules, I will pm all prize winners  8-)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:30:03 am by Dutchydave »