Author Topic: Supreme Commander Forged Alliance  (Read 4646 times)

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
Re: Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2014, 09:35:34 pm »
+3
Had to buy it, and it's just as awesome as I remembered. It's very challencing in co-op against AI's too.

I actually managed to capture a fatboy with one T3 engineer in last game! That poor bastard tried to flank into my city submerged, but got stuck to wreckage just before being able to surface. It couldn't shoot or be shot at while still underwater, so I sent one engineer and it spent good 15 minutes to capture it, but it worked!  :lol:

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2014, 05:37:00 pm »
+1
Hey ho, time for a bump. Apparently Supreme Commander Forged Alliance is on sale until 10 March. It goes for 2,5 euros now which is nothing for such an amazing game. I played 85 matches now and still enjoying the hell out of it. Corsair and Phoenix also play it.

Here is another good match cast by Gyle, give it a glance if you like RTS games.
(click to show/hide)

Here is a really amazing game, but it is one and a half hour long.
(click to show/hide)

I would love to play this again, but my laptop fucked up, and now I have to work my ass off to buy another pc....
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2014, 10:05:16 pm »
+1
Time for a bump to do my part in promoting the most underappreciated piece of brilliant game design of our generation. Still absolutely loving this game, played 160 games so far. It's cheap, 10 euros and regularly on sale for like 2,50, either price is a complete steal. If you like RTS games you just need to try this. It's not about clicking 400 times a minute, I probably barely pass a CPM of 60, it's a thinking game. Chess with giant robots. If anyone wants someone to play with or if you need some basic tips and tricks search for Teeth on Steam.

Here is a good cast of a high level game, check it out.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2016, 08:00:34 pm »
+1
Time for a bump, I am playing this too and got to recommend it.

Forged Alliance is a space RTS (=real time strategy, meaning it's not turn-based) which has a higher focus on decision making and is less about APM (=actions per minute, the speed at which you give commands) than most other RTS games out there. Imagine Starcraft, but spend most of the time thinking instead of micromanaging your units. The game has a unique mechanic called reclaim, which allows you to recycle fossils, trees and wreckage of destroyed units and structures to boost your economy. You can recover 80% of the mass invested into a unit from its wreckage, which means losing a fight close to the enemy base is punished hard, for the enemy will use the dead units he lost and the dead units you lost to reassemble a huge army to throw back at you. Make careful decisions and exploit the mistakes of your opponents.

Some of you might know the concept from Total Annihilation, the spiritual predecessor of Forged Alliance.

Where to get it:
(click to show/hide)

Find out which faction you belong to:
(click to show/hide)

Get started:
(click to show/hide)

Proceed at your own risk:
(click to show/hide)

Edit: Sorry for redundancy, I made the post before using the search function, and then found this thread :oops:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 08:04:19 pm by Rico »
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV